Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Have you ever experienced blurriness and dryness of your eyes often? Unable to see clear or colors in the dark? While we all focus mainly on vitamin C and vitamin D deficiency and food, we often neglect the importance and need for vitamin A and these are clearly the symptoms of vitamin A deficiency. Our eyes are one of the most vital organs of our body and so is the need for Vitamin A in our body as it is the most vital vitamin for our vision and immune system. So today, let’s learn about Vitamin A-rich food that we can add to our diet to fight vitamin A deficiency. So let’s begin!
Why We Need Vitamin A?
Vitamin A helps the white blood cells of our body to fight against foreign particles that damage our immune system. However, vitamin A helps you fight health conditions such as eye or pancreatic diseases. Its deficiencies in humans can cause dry eyes, cataracts, or even anemia. Vitamin A even helps to treat dry skin.
Nutritional Value Of Vitamin A Required On Daily Basis
Benefits Of Vitamin A
- Vitamin A deficiency can cause night blindness. Therefore it is important to add Vitamin A to your diet to prevent eyes from night blindness.
- It helps in the production of sebum in the body, which maintains moisture levels in the skin and hair.
- It is essentially required to keep the body’s natural functioning running. it plays a vital role in the development of white blood cells, which aid in the removal of germs and other pathogens present in the blood.
- A good amount of vitamin A in a pregnant lady helps the unborn child’s key organs and systems, such as the nervous system, kidneys, heart, and lungs, grow.
- Moreover, it also helps in the growth and development of the reproductive system in both males and females.
Foods Rich In Vitamin A
There are several sources of vitamin A but the best way to consume and recover from vitamin A deficiency is by adding fruits and vegetables. Here is a list of top Vitamin A-rich food in India that are easily available and inexpensive.
Vitamin A Rich Vegetables
Below is the list of vegetables that you can add to your diet.
Kale is basically a leafy cabbage with several benefits.
- Kale is rich in lutein and zeaxanthin antioxidants which are good for eyesight and it also reduces the risk of cataracts.
- 100 grams of kale or wild cabbage contains 9990 IU of vitamin A, which is really good for our immune system and vision.
- Kale is an excellent source of beta-ceratin compound which the body converts into vitamin A. Therefore it is very high in vitamin A, thus it’s good for eye health.
- Apart from vitamin A, kale is a great source of calcium, vitamin C, and omega-three fatty acids.
Bellpepper being colorful serves many healthy benefits. Let us read.
- Bell peppers are rich in beta-carotene and zeaxanthin. Especially red bell pepper is rich in carotenoids. Beta carotene is later converted to Vitamin A in the body. Therefore, bell pepper is one of the richest sources of vitamin A.
- Along with vitamins, capsicum vegetable is packed with vitamin C as well therefore they are a powerhouse of nutrients and vitamins.
- Bell peppers are the highest vegetables to consume as they contain a large amount of water.
- Pepper is very high in fiber and does not contain any sort of fat which is great for weight loss.
A bowl of salad seems incomplete without carrots. Carrot benefits our body in many ways.
- Carrots are really helpful for building the immune system because of their Vitamin A content.
- Also, carrots are an excellent natural remedy for better vision. Even doctors suggest you consume carrots in case of poor eyesight. This is because carrots are a rich source of Vitamin A. Hence it is one of the best sources of vitamin A.
- According to the USDA, if you regularly consume 2 carrots a day, you can lower your cholesterol levels up to 10-0%.
- It is a vegetable that has a low glycemic index, which means it is perfect to be consumed by people prone to or suffering from diabetes.
Spinach is a nutrient-rich vegetable and has a lot to offer.
- Spinach is a superfood that is rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium, and folate.
- Moreover, it is a nutrient-rich vegetable packed with carotenoids, vitamin A, vitamin K, iron, and calcium.
- It also helps reduce oxidative stress, promote eye health, fight cancer, and regulate blood pressure.
- You can consume spinach in multiple ways such as making juice out of it, soup, and salad for a healthy diet, or by making a proper meal like palak paneer.
They are a good source of beta-carotene and have many other benefits.
- Sweet potato is highly nutritious and a good source of fiber, and vitamins, especially vitamin A.
- Shakarkand can improve your eyesight as it contains 3 times the beta carotene an average adult needs daily, therefore, this vegetable tops the list of vitamin A-rich food.
- It contains an antioxidant called Anthocyanins that fight against cancer cells.
- It is a rich source of fiber and antioxidants which promotes good bacteria in our gut.
Vitamin A Rich [Fruits]
Apart from its taste, melon also comes under vitamin A- rich food. Let us read why.
- Musk melon is enriched with Vitamin A which improves your immune system and Vitamin C which helps in repairing body tissues and in building muscles.
- Melons contain Vitamin-A which stimulates the production of sebum which is helpful for the growth of hair.
- The sweet melon contains three vital antioxidants are-beta carotene, zeaxanthin, and lutein which are good for your vision and eye health.
- Musk melons contain high fiber and water content that makes them a great organic solution for people suffering from constipation, and digestive system issues.
Guava is a tropical fruit and has a lot to offer to your body.
- 100 grams of guava contains 624 IU of vitamin A which helps in improving the eyesight and also reduces the risk of cataracts.
- As Guava is rich in fiber, it lowers the insulin in your body and does not shoot your blood sugar level quickly.
- Guava is full of antioxidants, potassium, and fiber which help in decreasing LDL cholesterol, therefore, decreasing the risk of heart diseases.
- Small guava has just 30-60 calories, it also has a high amount of fiber and minerals which makes it a perfect binge snack for your evening cravings.
Who doesn’t love mangoes? Well also, they don’t make you fat.
- Mangoes the king of fruit are also one of the biggest sources of vitamin A that helps you boost your immunity as they are packed in vitamins A, C, and antioxidants.
- Moreover, mangoes are low in calories so it is the best fruit to keep your stomach full and satiated for a longer time.
- Also, if you eat mangoes in a considerate amount it reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Mangoes, contain polyphenols, like mangiferin that act as antioxidants inside your body.
Papaya is rich in vitamin A, and also has other health benefits.
- Papaya contains a good amount of nutrients including, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E which help in improving your eye vision.
- The fiber and water content present in papaya can also help improve digestion by reducing bloating and constipation.
- Papaya is one of the best fruit for weight loss as it is rich in fiber, Vitamins A, and plant compounds like papain that is good for your overall body.
- It is high in antioxidants which also help reduce oxidative stress and the risk of several other diseases such as cancer.
Watermelon is the love of all and the best sweet and juicy fruit. Let us read about its benefits.
- Watermelon has a good amount of vitamin A and vitamin C, therefore it helps you full filling your daily vitamin dose.
- Due to the presence of vitamin A, watermelon is also very good for treating dry skin and hair. It provides a good amount of moisture in the form of vitamin A to the body.
- Watermelon contains a very high amount of water and fiber, therefore, keeping your stomach full and providing an adequate amount of water to the body, moreover it keeps you hydrated.
- It contains a good amount of nutrients such as vitamins, fiber, etc thus it helps in keeping the gut strong and also reduces bloating and constipation.
What are the symptoms of vitamin A deficiency?
A few symptoms of vitamin A can be:
- Night Blindness
- Dry and Itchy Skin
- Respiratory Infections
What is the other source of vitamin A-rich food?
Other sources of vitamin A are:
Just like Vitamin A, there are other vitamins too that our body requires on daily basis for proper and smooth functioning. Have a look at vitamin E-rich foods that you can add to your diet and also know the importance of vitamin E for our body.
An unhealthy lifestyle is been a major issue for many people. Vitamin deficiencies are one of the major problems faced by people. Adding vitamin- A rich food to your diet is important. You need proper guidance from professionals to help you prepare a diet chart. Therefore, if you are facing the same challenges, seek a dietitian, and find the best diet plan for yourself. We at fitelo offer a customized diet plan for every individual depending on their health concerns.
Where is the permanent solution? Here with us at Fitelo. Start a healthy journey with us. We focus on a holistic approach. No Fancy Food & Restricted Diets. We consider your Medical Concerns, Food Choices, Preferences, Cultures, Locality, and all. We also plan homemade food with a healthy twist.
This blog post was written to help you make healthier and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns. Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life