Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Hey! Did you know we have International Vitamin C day every 4th of April? This was the day people realized the importance of vitamin C back in the 19th century. When you hear vitamin C what’s the first thing that comes to your mind? O o oranges, isn’t it? We have always believed that oranges are the best source of vitamin C, but today let’s break the myth and find out more vitamin C-rich food that overpowers oranges when it comes to vitamin C.
Scientific Name Of Vitamin C – L-ascorbic acid
Why Do You Need Vitamin C In Your Body?
Vitamin C, (ascorbic acid) is required by every human being in order to grow, develop, and heal all body tissues. It is responsible for wide roles in the body such as the production of collagen, iron absorption, regulating the immune system, healing of wounds, and the preservation of cartilage, bones, and teeth. It also helps in preventing aging.
Nutritional Value Required On The Daily Basis
In order to introduce vitamin C into your daily routine, you need to start consuming vitamin C-rich food to fulfill your daily dose of requirement. Have a look at how much vitamin C your body requires on daily basis.
|Vitamin C For||On Daily Basis|
Vitamin C-Rich Vegetables
Although there are many vegetables rich in vitamin C, listing the best sources of vitamin C that you can add to your weight loss journey.
1. Bell Peppers
- 75 grams of bell peppers contain 181.9 grams of vitamin C, thus making them at the top of the list of vitamin C-enriched vegetables.
- Bell peppers are rich in vitamin C, which may potentially assist persons with type 2 diabetes lower their high blood sugar levels.
- Bell peppers are rich in nutrients, including numerous essential vitamins, and low in calories. Green bell peppers contain 120 milligrams of vitamin C per cup.
- A yellow bell pepper has more than 3-time more Vitamin C as compared to an orange plus it is low in calories and sugar too.
- A 196-gram zucchini contains 35.1 mg of vitamin C, which makes it ideal to have it in your diet and fulfill your daily dose of vitamin C.
- Also, helps in regulating blood pressure and preventing heart diseases as they contain sodium, potassium, essential minerals, and trace elements.
- It is a good source of keeping the body hydrated and cool as it consists of 96% of water further preventing you from fatigue.
- However, zucchini helps in anti-oxidative actions as it is a good source of vitamins B and C.
3. Sweet Potato
- About half of your recommended daily amount of vitamin C may be found in one cup of cooked sweet potatoes! Therefore, consuming sweet potatoes can help strengthen the immune system.
- Sweet Potatoes’ calorie count is 145 kcal per 100 grams which makes them a suitable choice for weight loss.
- Enriched with dietary fibers, they are low in calories, hence which makes them great for a healthy diet.
- Sweet Potato is the most easily available and inexpensive vitamin-C-rich food in India.
Vitamin C-Rich Fruits
Best Fruits that are rich in vitamin C which you must add to your daily diet.
- Being rich in antioxidants, papaya reduces the risk of certain cancers and also slows down the progression of cancer.
- Papaya moreover, is rich in vitamin C and lycopene that further keeps the heart healthy and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Papaya is one of the best fruits for weight loss moreover it is rich in fiber, Vitamins C, A, and plant compounds like papain that is healthy for your body.
- Strawberries are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which may help to prevent diseases such as cold, high blood pressure, etc.
- Berries have anti-inflammatory properties which help prevent skin problems like redness, dullness, and sun tan.
- These are also called queen berries as they are enriched with vitamin C and antioxidants which prevent serious health issues like cancer, diabetes, and other heart diseases.
- Strawberries are one of the best vitamin C-rich food in India and across the globe. Here is a quick chia strawberry pudding recipe for weight loss and for your vitamin-C dose.
You can add any of your favorite fruits like strawberries to make this yummilicious pudding!
- Guava has Vitamin C 5 times more than orange. It’s not just Vitamin C, Guava has a variety of benefits that can certainly boost your health.
- Guava fruit is rich in Vitamin C which is an adequate level of vitamins and protects you against illness and infections. It is one of the most consumed vitamin C-rich food in India.
- Guavas are good to include in your diet as they have low calories that help you in weight loss. This fruit is also a great source of high fiber.
- They also prevent cancer as it has anti-cancer properties and antioxidants.
Orange Vs Other Vitamin C-Rich Food
Let’s have a look at the foods that have more vitamin C than oranges.
Orange vs Mango
Many of us think that mango is just full of sugar, and makes you fat, but you know what mangoes don’t make you fat. When it comes to Vitamin C, one mango has a whopping 122.3 mg. On the other hand, one Orange contains 69.7 mg of Vitamin C. Mango can beat oranges in terms of vitamin C.
Papaya Vs Orange
Papaya has more Vitamin C than Orange. Most people are not aware of this fact. Papaya is a better source of vitamin C, which has almost double the amount of vitamin C when compared to Orange.
Orange vs Broccoli
If we take 100 g of oranges and broccoli for reference, broccoli has more Vitamin C than oranges. 53.2 mg in 100 g of oranges makes up for 88% of Vitamin C of the RDI, whereas 89.2 mg in 100 g of broccoli makes up for 149% of Vitamin C of the RDI.
Symptoms Of Vitamin C Deficiency
Here is how you can find out if you have a vitamin C deficiency.
- A typical symptom of vitamin C insufficiency is easy bruising because weak blood vessels result from decreased collagen formation.
- Severe joint pain is frequently a symptom of vitamin C insufficiency. In extreme situations, bleeding into the joints may take place, resulting in uncomfortable swelling.
- Lack of vitamin C increases the risk of developing weak and brittle bones since vitamin C is necessary for bone development.
- Low vitamin C levels lead to exhaustion and a bad mood, therefore if you experience these conditions often it might be a symptom of vitamin C.
- Vitamin C insufficiency may increase the risk of bad metabolism and lower the absorption of iron from the consumed food.
- Other symptoms are skin bruises caused by bleeding and broken blood vessels, therefore it is important to add vitamin-C-rich food to your daily diet intake.
- Bleeding of gums, loss of teeth and hair loss are also symptoms of vitamin C deficiency.
Benefits Of Vitamin C- Rich Food
- Vitamin C is packed with antioxidants, it assists the body to stave against several illnesses and disorders. Additionally, it aids in iron absorption and immune system function.
- Vitamin C is known to burn the fat tissues in the body. In research, it has been found that people consuming adequate Vitamin C in their diet burn 30% more fat during moderate physical activity compared to individuals with low Vitamin C levels. Therefore it helps in weight loss.
- Vitamin C-rich food helps the body in collagen production which is important for wound healing and other tissue development.
- Vitamin C is often considered an immunity booster. Here are tips you need to keep in mind on how to build your immunity.
- Vitamin C protects the skin from external damage caused by sun exposure, smoking, or the ozone.
- It also promotes collagen production, which keeps skin looking plump and young.
- Daily intake of vitamin C-rich food improves skin quality, while lower intakes of vitamin C can cause skin problems like dryness and wrinkled skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Are The Side Effects Of Vitamin C?
Ans: Overconsumption of vitamin C can cause stomach pain, heart burns, and even vomiting.
Q: How To Take Vitamin C For Glowing Skin?
Ans: Your outer skin is a representation of what you put inside your stomach, so if you consume vitamin c enriched fruits and vegetables your skin will automatically become healthy and glowing.
Q: What Are The Other Vitamin C Fruits And Vegetables In India?
Ans: Lemon, bell peppers, leafy greens, guava, kiwi, papaya, and orange are some of the foods with the highest vitamin C in India. We recommend you consume these foods raw or with less cooking so that this vitamin c is not lost in the process as it is water-soluble.
Well, especially in India, people enjoy the rainy season by cooking pakoras and eating them sitting on their balconies with chai (tea) in their hands. But have you ever thought of real rainy season food that you can relish? If not, then definitely you should. They will not only make your day beautiful but will also make it healthy. So, let us see which are the best foods that you can consume during the monsoon.
introducing Vitamin C into your diet is as essential as making it a part of your skincare regime. It is loaded with antioxidants which help you fight many health-related problems such as blood pressure, heart disease, weight loss, etc. The best way to have vitamin c is by consuming vitamin C-rich food.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet.