Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Health is a daily practice, not a diet just for some particular days. To maintain your health it is, therefore, important to take in the right amount of vitamins, minerals and nutrients essential for the body. However, every vitamin is known for its benefits, similarly, vitamin E has many benefits to offer you and your body. Well, a meal is perfect when it has all the required and balanced amounts of essential nutrients. In this, we will talk about how vitamin E rich foods can help your body stay healthy and fit.
Although there might be several sources of it, the safest way to intake vitamins is naturally as it nourishes your body in a better way. The foods are, however, easy to add to your diet, convenient to buy and safe to eat. Before we move on, it is thus, important to note that every time it is not about weight loss only. People who are fit need to maintain their health and so it is important to eat right even if you are in perfect shape. So, now let us read why vitamin E is important for you.
What Is Vitamin E?
Unlike other vitamins, vitamin E is equally important for your body. It is a vitamin that dissolves in fat and acts as an antioxidant. However, vitamin E is found naturally in many foods including vegetable oils, cereals, meat, poultry, eggs, and fruits. It helps in better immune and digestive system and moreover, prevents you from cancer, improves vision and much more. Let us go through the benefits of vitamin E in detail and know which are the best vitamin E rich foods.
Vitamin E Benefits
Although there are several benefits of vitamin E, we have mentioned the most important ones you should know before taking it.
- As vitamin E acts as a powerful antioxidant in the body it, therefore, reduces markers of oxidative stress and boosts antioxidant defences.
- Another benefit of vitamin E is that it protects you from certain cancer by fighting free radical oxidation and damaging cells which may develop cancer.
- Moreover, it prevents and treats the most common age-related eye diseases like Macular degeneration and cataracts further reducing oxidative stress and free radical damage.
- Vitamin E is the best benefit to the skin and for decades it has been used in dermatology. It helps protect the skin from damage and also heals wounds if any.
- NAFLD leads to several conditions that can cause the accumulation of fat in the liver for non-alcoholic people. Therefore, vitamin E is of great help here as it helps improve some aspects of health in people with the same issue.
- Vitamin E helps reduce pain in women during the menstruation cycle. It also helps prevent cramps and pelvic pain. However, this is one of the best benefits of Vitamin E.
- Consumption of vitamin E also helps reduce cognitive health and protect against cognitive decline.
- It is good to consume this vitamin as it reduces inflammation and moreover, improves your immune system.
- It is also helpful for people suffering from asthma problems or even its symptoms by improving lung function.
- Intake of it is also beneficial for the health of the nails. It prevents them from cracking, yellowing nails and dry skin around them.
- However, vitamin E for hair is one of its best benefits of it. It helps you with healthy hair growth and also prevents hair loss by reducing oxidative stress on the scalp.
Vitamin E Foods
Although there are several sources of vitamin E, it is always best to choose the right and safe.
However, the below mentioned are the best vitamin E rich foods that you can add to your diet. They are readily available in the market and moreover can be added to your meal conveniently.
- Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds will make your dish crunchy, crispy and also healthy.
|1 Ounce||10 mg (66% DV)|
|100 gm||35 mg (234% DV)|
- Sunflower seeds, however, improve heart health as it is rich in healthy fats like polyunsaturated fat and monounsaturated fat.
- Being high in protein also boosts energy levels and keeps you active the whole day.
- Moreover, the sunflower seeds are rich in healthy fats, protein and antioxidants that further reduces the risk of the development of serious conditions.
- These seeds are high in fibre which further lowers the LDL cholesterol in the blood.
However, just a handful of almonds every day is enough for a healthy body. Amongst all the nuts almonds are calcium or Ca-rich.
|1 Ounce||7.3 mg (48% DV)|
|100 gm||26 mg (171 % DV)|
- Almonds are the best source of vitamin E and rich in healthy monounsaturated fats, fibre, protein and other essential nutrients. It is one of the best vitamin E rich foods.
- Also, almonds protect your cells from oxidative damage and prevent ageing and diseases.
- Almonds offer high magnesium to the body which further improves metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
- Moreover, being rich in vitamin E, almonds prevents the cells of the body from getting toxic.
Hazelnuts come from a hazel tree with several health benefits.
|3 Ounces||4.3 mg (28% DV)|
|100 gm||15 mg (100% DV)|
- Hazelnuts are rich in vitamin E, minerals, manganese and copper and also have a high content of omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids.
- Moreover, being rich in phenolic compounds, hazelnuts increase antioxidant protection in the body.
- Consuming hazelnuts also, reduces blood lipid levels further lowering the risk of heart diseases and normalizing the blood pressure.
- Being a rich source of vitamin E and manganese they also, reduce the risk of certain cancers.
4. Sunflower Oil
This is, therefore, a perfectly tasty and healthy oil to cook your meals in. So, time to replace refined oil with sunflower oil.
|1 Tsp||5.6 mg (37%DV)|
|100 gm||5.6 mg|
- Being rich in vitamin E, sunflower oil prevents dangerous free radicals from oxidizing the body’s cholesterol.
- This oil moreover, contains monounsaturated fats that are good for the heart keeping it healthy and away from diseases.
- Also, it contains linoleic acid which further lowers the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Sunflower oil also prevents you from various cancers, and asthma and helps improve your immune system.
5. Pine Nuts
Pine nuts are also known as chilgoza or pignoli.
|1 Ounce||2.7 mg (18% DV)|
|100 gm||9.3 mg (62% DV)|
- Pine nuts consist of pinolenic acid that benefits heart health by reducing the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol in the blood.
- It also helps regulate blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Also, they are rich in protein, fibre and healthy fats that help in the increased feelings of satiety and healthy weight.
- Moreover, vitamin E helps boost the brain as it has omega-3 fatty acids and reduces the risk of dementia and depressive symptoms.
Peanuts also called ground nuts are a perfect side snack to enjoy, especially with drinks.
|1 Ounce||2.4 mg (16% DV)|
|100 gm||8.3 mg (56% DV)|
- Peanuts are rich in vitamin E and low in carbs. Therefore, making them the best choice for people with diabetes.
- Also, they are rich in biotin, copper, niacin, folate, manganese, thiamine, phosphorus, and magnesium which are all essential for the body.
- Moreover, peanuts are high in healthy fat but mostly in mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Peanuts help lower cholesterol levels and moreover, stop the formation of blood clots.
Salmon is relished all over the world and moreover, has several health benefits besides the taste.
|1/2 Fillet||2.0 mg (14% DV)|
|100 gm||1.1 mg (8% DV)|
- Well, salmon is one of the best vitamin E rich foods. It helps boost the immune by the proper functioning of the immune system and also helps in reproduction and vision.
- Also, being rich in omega-3 it offers several health benefits and relieves symptoms of dry eye disease.
- Salmon moreover, helps in managing symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and improving cognitive function.
- Consumption of salmon also reduces the risk of brain loss which is common as you age and may improve memory.
Avocado is a fruit and is rich in various minerals and vitamins. So, let us read more benefits of it.
|1/2 Fruit||2.1 mg (14 % DV)|
|100 gm||2.1 mg (14% DV)|
- Avocados are rich in fiber, healthy fats, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, potassium, magnesium, and folate which are important for overall health.
- Being rich in fiber helps keep the digestive system healthy and also improves bacterial diversity leading to a healthy gut.
- Consumption of avocados, however, increases the levels of heart-protective HDL cholesterol and decreases levels of oxidized LDL cholesterol.
- They are also rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds like vitamin C, vitamin E, and the carotenoid lutein.
Who doesn’t love mangoes? However, it has taste and benefits to offer making it a perfect fruit.
|1/2 Fruit||1.5 g (10% DV)|
|100 gm||100 gm (10% DV)|
- Mango is high in nutrients like vitamin C which further helps in immunity, iron absorption, and also cell growth and repair.
- Also, mangoes are low in calories so it is the best fruit to eat for filling and satisfaction. Also, it helps in boosting immunity.
- Moreover, eating mangoes in moderate amounts, therefore, reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Also, they contain polyphenols, like mangiferin that function as antioxidants inside your body.
Kiwi or Chinese gooseberry grows wild in China and has several health benefits.
|1 Medium Fruit||1.0 mg (7% DV)|
|100 gm||1.5 mg (10% DV)|
- Kiwi is, however, one the best vitamin E fruits and is rich in the same it prevents blood clotting and also manages blood pressure by reducing the amount of fat in the blood.
- Also, kiwis are rich in vitamins and antioxidants that control wheezing, and breathlessness symptoms of asthma.
- Moreover, it improves digestion as it is a good source of fiber and breaks down proteins in the gut with the help of an enzyme called actinic.
- Kiwi also reduces blood pressure and prevents you from other heart problems like strokes and heart attacks and stroke.
Vitamin D For Weight Loss
Although your meal should have all the vitamins, minerals, carbs, protein, and other essential nutrients. But most importantly, you should know how to eat, when to eat, and what is right to eat. However, Vitamin D is important unlike other vitamins, and also aids in weight loss. How? This Dietitian Mac will tell you. So, watch this video and know the secret.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Happens If You Have Vitamin E Deficiency?
Ans: However, vitamin E plays an important role in the central nervous system and its deficiency can cause nerve and also damage the muscle leading to muscle weakness or pain.
Q. What Are The Vitamin E Deficiency Symptoms?
Ans: However, the symptoms might include nerve and muscle damage. There is a loss of feeling in the arms and legs, body movement control, muscle weakness, vision problems, and also a weakened immune system.
Q. Can You Take Vitamin E Every Day?
Ans: Yes, you can do the intake of this every day, but by eating a varied and balanced diet. Therefore, access consumption of it can cause harm especially when you are consuming the supplements.
Which Are The Best Vitamin E Rich Foods?
However, the best food for taking in vitamin E is Alpha-tocopherol. It is transported to the liver properly and moreover, is a natural form of vitamin intake.
Does Vitamin E Rich Foods Help In Weight Loss?
To be true, then no, vitamin E does not help in weight loss. But however, it is important to take in all the vitamins and minerals to stay healthy. Therefore, a meal should be healthy and moreover, should offer health benefits apart from only weight loss.
How Much Vitamin E You Should Take?
Although it is important to intake vitamin E, also, it is important to know the right amount. However, the dosage varies from gender to gender and also, from age to age. So, to know the proper and balanced amount of vitamin E dosage, go through the following table.
|Children||1-3 years||6 mg/day|
|4-8 years||7 mg/day|
|9-13 years||11 mg/day|
|Females||14 years and up||15 mg/day|
|Males||14 years and up||15 mg/day|
Navratri is on its way, and therefore, Fitelo is already here with an amazing recipe for all the people fasting out there. This meal is healthy and will also satisfy your hunger completely by not letting you crave other foods. So, try Navratri special thali and make you’re fasting days healthy and happy.
Although there are many vitamins and every vitamin has its benefits making it the best out of all. However, Fitelo has made it easy for you by providing the list of the best 10 vitamin E foods that you should include in your diet. Vitamin E has, however, a lot to offer to your body from brain to heart, skin to hair. However, there are supplements of vitamin E like capsules, and tablets but the best way to consume it is naturally. The foods mentioned above are easily available on market and moreover adding them to your meal is quite convenient and safe. Moreover, you can visit Fitelo for the recipes for the above-mentioned foods and enjoy its benefits.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.