White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Sarson ka Saag with Makki ki roti is a highly loved dish across North India. This duo has managed to capture hearts thanks to the blend of spices and aroma of Makhan. However, this duo provides you with a lot more than just taste. Like Does it lead to weight gain or can it be included in your diet plan? Let’s find out.
Health Benefits Of Makki Ki Roti With Sarson Ka Saag in a weight gain diet plan
Makki Ki Roti
Makki ki roti is a great feast, especially in the winters. Made out of maize flour, this recipe is sure to make you want more. However, Makki ki roti is a lot more than just its taste.
1) High In Fiber
- Makki ki roti is made out of maize flour which friends, is gluten-free and high in fiber.
- Fiber provides bulk to your diet and hence helps get rid of a number of digestive issues.
- The fiber also keeps you full for longer, not having you walk to the fridge every now and then, thus helping you lose weight.
2) Prevents Blood Sugar From Spiking
- The high fiber content of Makki roti helps in regulating blood sugar levels.
- Fiber also regulates the amount of sugar that goes into the blood by releasing small amounts at a single time.
- So, diabetic friends, this one’s a hot pick for you! It can certainly be included in your weight gain diet plan.
Sarson Ka Saag
Sarson ka Saag is an age-old Punjabi dish that has become an emotion. This recipe of green leafy veggies blended with the choicest ingredients from the heart of our tradition does a lot more than just make your tongue water.
Given below are the nutritional benefits of Sarson ka Saag-
1) Nutritional Powerhouse
- Thanks to the great partnership of mustard leaves and spinach, this traditional delight is rich in antioxidants.
- So how does that help?
- Always remember- Antioxidants are the superheroes of the food world.
- They help fight against diseases and keep you healthy.
- It is also rich in iron which is great for people suffering from iron deficiency.
- This recipe also promises you calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, and manganese.
- It’s also great for heart patients.
- Due to its caloric proportion, it is the perfect recipe to be planned if you are looking for a weight gain diet plan.
2) Rich In Dietary Fiber
- Sarso ka saag is a great dish for those suffering from constipation and other digestion issues.
- Well…because it is a great source of fiber.
- Fiber provides bulk to your diet and also facilitates easy bowel movement.
- Hence, a great friend to those with digestive issues.
3) Detoxify The Body
- Remember free radicals?
- The “MOGAMBO” of the food world? Always trying to cause diseases like cancer to your body?
- These need to be washed out, which is what is detoxification of the body.
- It can be waved off with the help of antioxidants like Vitamin A and Vitamin C
- And guess who has vitamin A and vitamin C?
- Yes, that’s right- our very own Sarson ka Saag!
4) Strengthens Immunity
- Let’s tell you something about vitamin C in Sarson ka saag.
- Vitamin C loves to multi-task.
- This is why along with fighting free radicals (Mogambo), it offers to help strengthen your immunity.
- Why pop vitamin C supplements when you got SarsonkaSaag by your side?
How do we make this North Indian Delight?
Sarson ka Saag Recipe
- Clean and chop all the greens.
- Wash again in running water to remove the dirt.
- Repeat 3-4 times.
- Then, pressure cook all ingredients for 8-10 minutes.
- Put the greens and maize flour in a blender and blend for a minute.
- Add the blended greens to a pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add oil or ghee to another pan, and heat it.
- Then, add chopped onions and saute till brown.
- Add the prepared Saag and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Serve hot 🙂
Makki ki Roti Recipe
- Mix maize flour and wheat flour together.
- Then, add half water and knead the dough (more water can be added based on the consistency).
- Roll the dough and make small balls of the dough.
- Then, roast the Makki ki roti on a tawa with a few drops of ghee.
- Now, cook until brown.
- Enjoy with hot Sarson ka Saag 🙂
Makki ki roti with Sarson ka Saag is a great combination for weight gain, promising you health and taste. It belongs to a country of rich heritage and traditions. Indian cuisine is a perfect blend of taste and health. So why abandon our traditions and switch to western ways, when the west is adopting our ways? As we always like to say VOCAL FOR LOCAL. So, the next time you visit Punjab, do try Makki ki Roti and Sarson ka Saag. It is sure to leave you smitten in love, just like we are.
Looking for a massive transformation? So, for any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation or a weight gain diet plan, reach out to us at +919402850007.
We all know Palak is an anemic’s best friend. But find eating palak difficult?
Try our Palak Dal Khichdi and wave goodbye to boring palak recipes.
Did you know? Palak Paneer is the worst combination there is? Surprised? Click here to know the answers to the whys in your head 😛
Kindly make sure while having Makki ki roti with Sarson ka Saag, to focus on portion control as an excess of anything is bad.