Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
No doubt, having a slice of whole wheat bread is a lot more convenient than making a chapati. Often times, a lot of fitness trainers also say it is a healthy option. There are nutritionists asking people to skip chapati and have a slice of bread while they are trying to shed weight.
Do You Know What Goes Inside A Slice Of Bread?
Typically, whole wheat bread is made from wheat flour, yeast and sugar. But nowadays, due to commercialization, a pack of bread you buy in the morning is full of unknown substances like oils, chemicals, preservatives and emulsifiers which are not necessarily healthy for you.
If you compare pieces of bread, irrespective of it being white, brown, atta or multigrain, every bread is full of these unknown ingredients.
Fun fact – Brown bread has just 1% more atta than Atta bread.
Why Choose Roti Over Bread?
- Whole wheat bread is extremely low in nutrition as compared to Roti. It is high in carbs and low in protein, fiber, vitamin and minerals. For example, a whole wheat bread may have added fiber but it is still low in vitamins and minerals.
- Ever wondered why your bread is so spongy? It is because bread contains a high amount of gluten. Gluten may upset your digestive system and can damage linings of the small intestine which restricts nutrients absorption.
- Whole wheat bread may contain anti-nutrient compounds which may restrict the absorption of zinc, iron, magnesium and calcium, especially in those loaves of bread that use very high fiber.
Bottomline \ Whole Wheat Bread
Roti may seem difficult to cook sometimes, but it has a higher amount of vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients. It does not contain any oils and chemicals. Moreover, you have the advantage to prepare with different flours like jau (barley), besan, ragi and bajra. Plus you can make it fresh and fluffy whenever you want it. 🙂
Our Inspiring Customer Stories
- POST-COVID Weight Loss With Simple Food, Courtesy Fitelo’s Diet Experts
- Inderpreet Singh from Bathinda lost 16 kgs in 60 days while having his favourite meals.
- Can’t lose weight because of your travel job? Read how Mohit did it
Our Blogs Ka Pitara
- Which roti is best for weight loss?
- Gluten-free: Myth or Fact?
- Weight Loss Vs Fat Loss: Is there any difference?
Fun-Fact \ Whole Wheat Bread
It is not just bread that is perceived as better than roti. We have another seemingly-healthy food item that deserves a post of its own. Check out what is better- the so-called healthy breakfast- Chocos or Roti?
Are you looking for a massive transformation? If yes, then for any query or in case you are looking for an online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
We are not asking you to completely struck off whole wheat bread’s name off your grocery list. We are just pointing out the fact that roti is a healthier option than whole wheat or any other bread, irrespective of the popular choice. Please consume bread keeping this fact in mind.