Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Weight gain is becoming a major concern in the modern world. The major reason for this is a sedentary lifestyle. However, our ancestors had a more physically active lifestyle than us. Moreover, obesity was not that much known at that time. Yoga has played a very significant role in the betterment of human health for ages. When it comes to weight loss, yoga works miraculously and has scientifically shown great results. Yoga also fits in today’s busy lifestyle and everyone can easily include yoga in their routine.
This blog is all about yoga for weight loss like why is it important? and how it goes with diet in your weight loss journey. So, here we go.
Why Yoga For Weight Loss Is Important?
Although there are various techniques like gyming, cycling, and swimming available for weight loss, yoga is one of the most efficient methods as it is more than just burning calories. Moreover, yoga has a holistic approach that works on physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.
- Yoga Promotes Mindful Eating
It is scientifically proven that regular yoga practice promotes mindful eating and when you eat mindfully you are less likely to get fat. So, practicing yoga helps you to be mindful of eating.
- Helps In Managing Stress
However, there are various yoga forms like hatha yoga, pranayama, and mindful exercises like meditation which help in managing stress which affects weight in a person.
- Yoga Detoxifies Body
Further, yoga helps in the removal of toxins accumulated in the body which boosts the metabolism and helps in weight loss. Thus, yoga is the best and most natural detoxifier.
- Improves Balance
Deep breathing with slow movements helps increase blood flow. The process warms up muscles also and helps in increasing the flexibility in your body. So, yoga and a proper diet plan for weight loss can be good options to balance out everything.
- Helps Relieve Back Pain
Yoga is quite beneficial for people with pain in their lower back. Because stretching eases pain and improves mobility.
- Prevents Arthritis
Gentle yoga helps ease the discomfort of tender, swollen joints preventing the symptoms of arthritis.
Best Yoga Poses For Weight Loss
Although there are various postures in yoga for weight loss, here we have enlisted the 7 most effective weight loss yoga asanas.
1. Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
Firstly, Surya Namaskar is a great cardiovascular workout and is also known to have an immensely positive impact on the body and mind.
- It is a dynamic group of 12 steps which includes 7 asanas.
- Also, it is a full-body workout as it involves almost each and every part of the body.
- Surya namaskar has proven to be the most effective yoga for weight loss.
- Sun salutation or Surya namaskar is the best way to lose weight and maintain excellent health.
2. Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
Utkatasana or chair pose is a strengthening and heart-building asana. Therefore, it is also known as a “fierce seat” or “powerful pose.”
- Firstly, I t is a standing balancing asana in which the body posture looks like a chair.
- This asana is very useful for weight loss, it helps in losing thigh fat, and belly fat.
- It gives a good stretch to the arms, spine, legs, and ankles.
3. Virbhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
Virabhadrasana is one of the three Warrior poses that beautifully combines both the standing and balancing actions of the body.
- Warrior pose helps in the improvement of balance and also tones legs and arms.
- It also has a great effect on toning the abdominal region and helps you gain a flat belly.
4. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Bhujangasana is commonly performed in a cycle of asanas as an alternative to Urdhva Mukha Svanasana in Surya Namaskar.
- It is a back-bending asana.
- This asana tones all the abdominal organs and improves digestion and it is a part of Surya namaskar also.
- It effectively works for weight loss as it helps in reducing belly fat.
5. Parvatasana (Mountain Pose)
Parvatasana is a seated pose in which the legs are in the padmasana pose and the upper body is stretched upwards.
- It is one of the asanas of Surya Namaskara.
- In this asana, the body posture looks like a mountain.
- This asana helps in weight loss, it gives a good stretch to arms, shoulders, hamstring muscles, and ankles.
6. Dandasana, Phalakasana (Plank Pose)
Phalakasana is also known as plank or kumbhak.
- In this asana hands and feet are on the floor and the whole body is in the air in the form of a straight stick.
- It helps in strengthening wrists, arms, and shoulders, and improves core and spine strength.
7. Setubandhasana (Bridge Pose)
Practicing this pose will also help you get prepared for more intense backends.
- Setu bandha asana is a great asana that stimulates the Thyroid Gland which boosts the metabolism of the body that ultimately helps in weight loss.
- Moreover, it stretches the chest, neck, spine, and hips.
How To Add Yoga To Your Weight Loss Journey?
Yoga can be easily added to the weight loss journey by following the steps mentioned below.
1. Start From Basic
If you haven’t done yoga before and just started as a beginner, then after daily practice slowly and steadily it will become easy for you to move forward.
2. Choose Form And Style According To You
Try different yoga forms and styles and then move forward with what works great for you. Hatha Yoga, Power yoga, and Ashtanga yoga are some of the best forms which help you in your weight loss journey.
3. Get Comfortable And Then Move Forward
Also, always move with patience while practicing yoga. When you get comfortable in asanas or any other form for some time then only move forwards else you will end up either hurting yourself or not learning fully.
4. Take Professional Support
Moreover, if you are not sure which form or style you should go with, always take professional support as it will help you achieve your goals and you will always have your personalized form of yoga designed according to your body.
5. Stay Consistent
Consistency is the key in not only yoga but everything you aim for in your life. Thus, dedicating yourself to the practice will help you with the results and achieve your goals.
Yoga Tips For Weight Loss
Yoga demands nothing, it’s just about patience, consistency, and your will. Everyone can perform yoga to lead a healthy life. However, for better results, we should be aware of some essential tips as follows.
Here are some of the tips which will help you boost your journey and aim at losing weight with yoga :
- Drinking water early morning in malasana (sitting in a squat position) before yoga practice helps remove intoxicants from the body.
- Morning is the best time to do yoga for weight loss.
- For better results, include healthy food options in your diet Yogic diet can be the best option.
- Be consistent with your yoga practice. Try to practice yoga asanas on regular basis for good results.
Frequently Answered Questions
Q. What Is The Best Time To Do Yoga?
Ans. However, Morning is considered the best time to do yoga as it rejuvenates the body and mind and has the best effect on gut health also detoxing your mind.
Q. Can You Lose Belly Fat With Yoga?
Ans. Yes. Although yoga works in the complete development of an individual, there are certain yogic asanas that affect primarily the abdominal region and help reduce fat, also promoting blood flow in the region.
Q. How Much Time Does Yoga Take For Losing Weight?
Ans. Everyone has different body types and yoga works differently for everyone. But you can see improvement after two weeks. Moreover, being consistent will surely lead you to obtain your aims.
Q. Which Is The Best Yoga For Weight Loss?
Ans. Asanas like Utkatasana, Warrior pose, and Parvatasana are some of the best yoga for weight loss.
Q. Is Yoga Better Than Gym For Weight Loss?
Ans. Yes, Yoga is better than the gym as it has a holistic approach rather than just physical form.
Yoga is the oldest form of therapy which originated in India itself and was used from a very old traditional time in the growth of humans in every aspect of life. Also, it not only aids in weight loss but also promotes a balanced physical and mental well-being which is helpful in maintaining the lifelong growth of every person. Everyone should add yoga to their daily routine for living a healthy life. It just needs:
- Healthy diet
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet.