Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Do you remember as a kid we mostly avoided this crunchy and juicy vegetable? Being a kid the raw taste wasn’t too good to enjoy, but one thing we never knew was the extensive beetroot benefits it had to offer.
All thanks to the new budding health awareness among people that beetroots have got the much-deserved appreciation. The little root vegetable is a powerhouse of nutrition. Beetroot is also known as blood turnips and contains many crucial nutrients. In the modern era, hybrid species of beetroot or beets even have candy-cane stripes of red and white. The most powerful beetroot benefits include the ability to lower blood pressure, boost athletic performance, and improve digestion.
This superfood has been promoted by nutritionists to be eaten for its bounty of vitamins and minerals. It might not be the first pick in your diet, but it should not be missed out from your grocery haul.
Beetroot In Hindi – चुकंदर
Top 9 Beetroot Benefits
Beetroot provides various possible health benefits, for example reducing blood pressure, lowering the risk of diabetes, and improving digestion. Here, let’s discuss these potential benefits of beetroots in more detail.
1. Beetroot Helps In Weight Loss
- Beetroot helps in weight loss and detoxification. As these vegetables are low in fat and high in dietary fiber, both soluble and insoluble.
- These two forms prevent fat loss by promoting lowering cholesterol levels and proper bowel function. Also, beetroot is high in magnesium which promotes healthy nerves and helps with weight loss.
2. Beetroot Benefits For Skin Health
- Including beetroot in regular meals has been found to prevent skin cancer. It also contains vitamin A which helps to maintain healthy mucous membranes of the skin and improves skin health.
- Vitamin A also reinforces the regular replacement of skin cells
3. Maintain Blood Pressure
- Beetroot is rich in nitrates that help in making this vegetable heart-friendly. The presence of Nitrates helps to improve blood flow by relaxing the blood vessels.
- It also reduces arterial stiffness and promotes dilation which potentially lowers blood pressure. A reduction in blood pressure is crucial for the avoidance of heart disease and stroke.
- Nitrate-rich foods such as beetroot may also help in heart attack survival. Also, beetroot is best known to increase hemoglobin in blood vessels.
4. Beetroot Improves Energy Levels
- Different studies supported that adding beetroot to athletes’ diets supports exercise endurance and improves performance. It also aids in the recovery of muscles.
- The protein and high fiber in beetroot can also reduce snacking between meals can include beetroot salads).
- For anyone who struggles to have a quick, nutritious breakfast on the go, beetroot juice is ideal. As it offers the body a nutritional and nitric oxide boost at the start of the day and delivers sustained energy all day long. As a result, including desi beetroot in our diets might act as an energy booster.
5. Beetroot Benefits In Digestion
- Beetroots are the richest sources of glutamine. It is an amino acid that is essential to the health and maintenance of our gut.
- Do you know with only one serving per day of beetroot can increase your fiber intake? One cup has up to 3.4 grams of fiber. Regular intake of beetroot or beetroot juice can help you prevent constipation.
6. Reduce Inflammation
- Red beetroots are ranked as one of the top 10 most potent antioxidant vegetables. The presence of betalain compound is responsible for the root’s red colour and has been shown to have high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capabilities.
- This means it helps to protect cells from damage and fight against age-related conditions such as heart disease and cancer.
7. Maintain Potassium Levels
- Potassium deficiency comes with a wide range of side effects, mostly visible fatigue and weakness. The lack of this key nutrient results in digestive issues. Because of these reasons, a serving of superfood beetroot each day in your daily routine could increase potassium, fiber, and protein intake.
- Therefore, approx., it offers 9% of the recommended daily average (RDA). Adding beetroot juice to your diet, most beet consumers find they feel more energized even during long, laborious days.
8. Beetroot Benefits During Pregnancy
- We know folate is essential for women to consume during pregnancy. The presence of Vitamin C in beets boosts the immune system. On other hand, nitric oxide aids in the delivery process by relaxing blood vessels and increasing nutrient and oxygen delivery.
- Also, to increase the consumption of folate, vitamin C, and nitrate, beetroot is an excellent fruit to add to daily meals. Specifically for folate, the fruit offers 20% RDA per serving, getting pregnant women much closer to their target folate intake needs each day.
9. Beetroot Benefits For Men
- Many studies have found that prostate cancer is the most popular cancer and the second leading cause of cancer death in men. But thanks to beetroot, its benefits for men are remarkable for the protection against prostate cancer.
- There was a study in 2013, which examined the cancer-protective effects of beetroot and an anti-cancer drug called doxorubicin. As a result, it is found that this combination sets out “synergistic cytotoxicity.”
- In layman’s language it means that when beetroot and doxorubicin are used together, they produce the best chance of destroying prostate cancer cells.
Beetroot Nutritional Value
100g raw beetroots consist of just 36kcals, which makes it the perfect snack for weight loss. The potassium content (380mg) in beetroot helps cells to function well.
- Calories: 36 kcals/154KJ
- Protein: 7gm
- Carbs: 6gm
- Fat: 1gm
- Potassium: 380mg
- Fiber: 5gm
- Folate: 150mcg
How To Add Beetroot To Daily Meals?
Beetroot is a versatile option to add to your meal. Many people find beetroot juice to be the easiest option. But you can even add them to salads depending on the chosen option. Beetroot can be a convenient addition to meals when you are traveling. Let’s find out a few interesting ways to include beetroot in our daily routine diet.
1. Beetroot Raita
Beetroot raita is good for detoxification, improves digestion, and keeps you hydrated. Thus, it is the right choice for weight loss.
2. Beetroot Salad
Beetroot is filled with beets, cucumber, lemon juice, and moong dal sprouts. It is rich in fiber content and also improves the ability to digest food and prevents constipation. However, the ingredients present in this salad have various other benefits.
3. Mango Beetroot Smoothie
Mango is low in calories yet high in nutrients, particularly vitamin C, which aids immunity, iron absorption, and growth and repair. Whereas, beets are the perfect source of fiber, which is good for digestive health and reduces the risk of many chronic health conditions.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: What Are The Health Benefits Of Beetroot?
Ans: Beetroots are a fantastic source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. They are also packed with important nutrients. Numerous health advantages, such as greater athletic performance, reduced blood pressure, and improved blood flow, have been linked to beets and beetroot juice.
Q: When Should You Avoid Eating Beetroots?
Ans: Oxalate is abundant in beets, which could lead to the development of stones. Your doctor might advise you to stop or cut back on the consumption of beets or beet juice if you already have stones.
Q: Can beetroot harm the liver?
Ans: Beetroot juice has long been used as a treatment to stimulate bile production and activate liver enzymes, which supports the liver’s detoxification process. It contains a lot of betalains and other substances, for instance, which have been demonstrated to lessen inflammation, safeguard against oxidative stress, and lower the chance of liver damage.
Q: Does beetroot cleanse your body?
Ans: Yes! Beets help your body in detoxification. The betalain pigments in beets assist the phase two detoxification process. Broken-down toxins are bound to other molecules so they can be excreted from your body. This helps purify your blood and your liver.
Beetroots are one of the healthful additions to most diets. Most people can even experience the health benefits of beetroots by eating them raw, cooked, or by drinking beetroot juice. As a result, beetroot juice contains many beneficial nutrients that the cooking process can remove.
Well, it is not about losing weight always, isn’t it? There are brides who want to gain weight and look perfect in whatever they wear. So, Fitelo has the best weight gain diet plan for you, which will surely satisfy your want. For more, you can, however, get in contact with the dietitians of Fitelo as they are the experts and the best to satisfy your needs.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.