Chana Dal Pulao recipe is the best alternative to your regular pulao. It’s a perfect light meal to satisfy your cravings for a yummy, healthy and a fulfilling rice option.
- Soak chana dal in water for 2 hours and rice for 30 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee and then add cumin seeds, star anise, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, and black peppercorns. Sauté them for a minute.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté them for a minute or until it gets a light brown color.
- Further, add sliced onions and cook them for 3-4 minutes or until they get a light brown color and turn translucent.
- Then, add a tablespoon of water if needed.
- Now add the soaked chana dal and rice and gently mix them. Roast them for a minute with the onions.
- Then, add water and mix well.
- Lastly, add salt and give it a final stir.
- Pressure cook on a medium flame for 2 whistles. Open the lid once the entire steam has been released.
- Chana dal can help in reducing bad cholesterol in our blood.
- The chana dal benefits are amazing for muscular health.
- The presence of high protein in chana dal supports our immune system, gearing it up to fight any infections.
- Brown rice can be beneficial for diabetics and hyperglycemic individuals. It helps reduce insulin surges and assists in the stabilization of blood sugar levels.
- Brown rice also helps in weight control for many people combating obesity.
- The fiber present in it helps regulate bowel movements and keeps you feeling full.
- This recipe is thus ideal for ladies suffering from PCOS.
Here some of our recipes you can give a try
Do you love white rice but worried about gaining weight with it? What if we tell you that rice won’t make you fat? Thus, Read the full post to know the reality about the same.
Looking to lose weight from the comfort of your home? So, for any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
Please make sure to consume the Chana Dal Pulao recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.