Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
The Chana Dal Pulao recipe is the best alternative to your regular pulao. It’s a perfect light meal to satisfy your cravings for a yummy, healthy, and fulfilling rice option. Moreover, this can be planned in your weight loss journey too whilst being a protein-packed option.
Basically, Chana Dal Pulao is a wholesome and flavorful dish that combines the goodness of chana dal (split Bengal gram) with aromatic rice. This recipe offers a perfect balance of protein, fiber, and essential nutrients. Let’s embark on this culinary journey that not only delights your taste buds but also provides numerous health benefits.
How To Make Chana Dal Pulao?
This is a simple homemade recipe for the days you crave some comforting Indian food.
- Firstly, wash the rice thoroughly and soak it in water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pressure cooker or deep pan. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Stir in ginger-garlic paste and green chili. Cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and the oil separates.
- Drain the soaked chana dal and add it to the pan. Mix well with the spices.
- Add the soaked rice and mix gently to combine with the dal and spices.
- Pour 2 cups of water, add salt, and give it a stir.
- If using a pressure cooker, close the lid and cook for 2 whistles or until the rice and dal are cooked.
- If using a pan, cover and cook on low heat for about 20-25 minutes until the rice is fluffy and the dal is tender.
- Once done, fluff the rice with a fork and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot and relish the delectable Chana Dal Pulao!
Nutritional Value Of Chana Dal Ka Pulao
Here is how many calories in chana pulao is there and other key nutrients:
|Nutritional Value (per serving):|
|Calories: Approximately 300-350 calories|
Protein: Around 12-15 grams
Fiber: 6-8 grams
Carbohydrates: 45-50 grams
Fat: 5-7 grams
Health Benefits Of Chana Dal Pulao Recipe!
- Chana Dal is good for weight loss as it is a high-quality vegan protein food , which supports muscle growth, repair, and maintenance.
- The combination of chana dal and rice provides a good balance of complex carbohydrates and fiber, which can help regulate blood sugar levels and promote heart health.
- Chana Dal Pulao is a satisfying and nutritious meal that can aid in weight management due to its high fiber content, promoting feelings of fullness and reducing overeating.
- The fiber in chana dal and rice aids in maintaining a healthy digestive system, preventing constipation, and promoting regular bowel movements.
- It contains a good amount of complex carbohydrates, providing sustained energy throughout the day and, moreover, supporting an active lifestyle.
- The combination of chana dal and fiber-rich rice can help regulate blood sugar levels and prevent sudden spikes, making it suitable for individuals with diabetes.
- Chana Dal Pulao is good for fatty liver and is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, which can contribute to maintaining healthy cholesterol levels and reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Chana ki dal ka pulao is packed with essential nutrients like iron, folate, manganese, and potassium, which contribute to overall health and vitality.
- It is a good source of minerals like calcium and phosphorus, promoting bone health and reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
- Chana dal is good for weight loss as it has so many nutrients present in it.
Weight Loss Transformation: 13 kg loss in 3 Months!
If you are someone struggling with weight gain then this inspiring story is for you to get fit and motivated. Minakshi with the help of Fitelo was able to transform her life. You could do the same!
Brown rice can be, therefore, beneficial for diabetics and hyperglycemic individuals. It helps reduce insulin surges and assists in the stabilization of blood sugar levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Is The Good Time To Eat Chana Dal Pulao?
You can, however, have chana dal pulao in the afternoon for better digestion and immunity.
Is Chana Dal Pulao Good For Weight Loss?
Yes, it helps boost metabolism, keeps you full for longer helps you lose weight, and keeps you fit.
What Is The Secret Of Cooking This Recipe?
A perfect blend of Indian spices such as cumin seeds, star anise, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, black peppercorns, etc. is the secret to making a yummy chana dal pulao recipe.
Is Chana Dal Pulao Good For Diabetes?
Yes, it is a fiber rich food that contains other essential vitamins and minerals. It controls glucose and regulates insulin production in the body.
Contact Us Today
If you’re searching for the right guidance as well as better assistance, then your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.