Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Do you ever get up in the morning feeling pit in your stomach? Or sometimes you find it difficult to get out of bed and start your day? It would be best if you took it seriously. It’s not just a feeling, it could be one of the depression symptoms. Every day we hear the word ‘depression’ in our lives. But exactly do we know what depression is? Why is depression more prevalent in women than men? How to cope with depression? Let’s answer these questions and have a better understanding of depression.
What is Depression?
Depression is not just something you can easily ‘snap out of. Depression is a severe condition that affects how a person feels, thinks, and behaves. It’s not just sadness but affects daily life functioning and your ability to feel pleasure. It not only challenges a person mentally but physically also. Symptoms include low self-esteem, loss of interest in normal, low energy, and pain without a clear cause. e.g., back pain.
Depression Meaning In Hindi – अवसाद
Depression Signs/Symptoms Of Depression
Symptoms of depression vary from person to person. It can be the same in two and cannot be the same at all among three. So, here are a few major depression symptoms that one must be going through.
1. Depressive Moods
Feeling empty or helpless when in your day-to-day life and finding it difficult to change your situation.
2. Persistent Sadness
Few people also observe persistent sadness throughout the day and long episodes of sadness without reason.
3. Insomnia and Hypersomnia
One of the major symptoms of depression is insomnia problem wherein they find it difficult in sleeping or won’t be able to sleep this condition is called insomnia. In some cases, people sleep more than usual commonly known as hypersomnia.
4. Diminished Interest In Daily Activities
Few people tend to lose interest in daily chores and find it difficult to persuade day to day activities however they start to lose interest in activities they use to enjoy earlier.
5. Feeling Worthless
Most of the time there is a pang of inappropriate guilt almost, a sense of being unworthy faced by depressed people. They sometimes also fail to see the positive in themselves.
6. Suicidal Ideation
An individual having depression symptoms sometimes tends to get suicidal thoughts without any plan. Moreover, these back-to-back thoughts of suicide without any intentions to die or any planning is the biggest symptom of depression.
7. Fatigue/Loss Of Energy
There are some days when we feel tired and we have low energy. However, if that starts to happen every day and you feel less energy that means you are moving toward depression.
How To Destress And Lose Weight?
Most of us feel low in energy, have a lot of stress, have Insomnia, slow weight loss, and have weak digestion. What if we tell you there is a fix, we can fix most of these issues with just a simple tip which is absolutely free. So, here we are with an amazing solution. Watch this video and get to know.
Types Of Depression
Various types of depression are:
1. Clinical Depression/Major Depressive Disorder
It is the most severe form of depression, hence it is also known as major depressive disorder. Here are the symptoms responsible for this disorder:
- Depressed mood
- Lack of interest in activities usually enjoyed
- Changes in weight
- Changes in sleep
- Feelings of worthlessness and guilt
- Difficulty concentrating
2. Persistent Depressive Disorder/Chronic Depression
It is also called dysthymia and lasts for a more extended period, i.e., two years. It’s not as regular as MDD but pervasive and long-lasting. Here are the symptoms of chronic depression:
- Loss of interest and pleasure
- Anger and irritability
- Feelings of guilt
- Low self-esteem
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep.
- Sleeping too much
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Changes in appetite
- Trouble concentrating
3. Bipolar Disorder
- Firstly, it includes a period of abnormally elevated mood known as “Mania”. The periods could be mild, or they can also be extreme and could result in hospitalization. It also includes episodes of major depression.
- In addition to that Fatigue, insomnia, and lethargy are the symptoms of bipolar disorder.
- Also unexplained aches, pains, and psychomotor agitation
- Apart from this, indecision and disorganization are also symptoms.
4. Postpartum Depression
Motherhood is beautiful, but it comes with its own cons, it includes significant hormonal and physical changes that affect the mother’s mood. However postpartum depression can start from the onset of pregnancy or just after the baby’s birth. It is also known as ‘baby blues. Some of the symptoms include:
- Low mood, the feeling of sadness
- Appetite change
- Feeling helpless and hopeless
- Thoughts of hurting yourself and your baby
- Thoughts of suicide
Causes Of Depression
The onset of depression does not mean the imbalance of chemicals in our body, but it may include the majority of causes. Therefore, for better understanding, we have enlisted causes of depression. Below are the trigger alarms for the cause of depression.
1. External Factors
There are certain external factors that lead to depression such as – the death of a loved one, a breakup from a long-term relationship, getting fired from a job, overwork and no time to relax, and a lack of support system.
2. Childhood Experiences
Research shows that childhood trauma has a potential risk to alter the person’s brain. Moreover, childhood abuse and traumatic events sometimes lead to adult depression.
3. Learned Helplessness
It is the behavior exhibited by a person when he endures multiple adverse events. It is caused by people’s acceptance of their powerlessness.
Sometimes genetics play a role in the onset of depression. if someone from your family has depression it may affect you as well.
How To Overcome Depression: Self-Care Tips
How to come out of depression? Let’s find out the answer. Below are a few precautions that a person suffering from depression should give try.
- Stay connected to your loved ones and participating in social activities will also improve your mood and perspective toward people.
- Do things that make you feel good. Don’t force yourself to do things, but you should push yourself to indulge in activities that will make you feel better.
- Increase the intake of omega-3 fatty acids, and maintain the level of vitamin B. Also check the intake of sugar, refined carbs and caffeine, alcohol.
- Aim for 30 min physical activity per day. Be mindful during your activity. Get a lot of sunlight, to fulfill your daily requirement of vitamin D and also to improve your depression.
- Just by saying be positive, you can not change your negative thinking. However, you have to challenge your negative thoughts and tackle them with positive ones. Focus on positive ones instead of negative ones.
- Always take professional help for depression. You can overcome depression with the use of medicine and therapy, and moreover self-care. Don’t hesitate to take help; it does mean you are weak. Moreover, it will help you fight your traumas.
Myths Related To Depression
- Firstly depression and sadness are not the same.
- Secondly, antidepressants are not bad for your health, and they trigger activity neurotransmitters.
- Moreover, depression is a legitimate health condition.
- Lastly, you need professional help to fight depression. You can’t do it by yourself.
Depression is a severe condition but is completely curable with proper guidance and attention. Moreover, talk to your family or seek professional help, you can start therapy with a mental health professional.
How to overcome depression and depression symptoms?
Always take professional help for depression. You can overcome depression with the use of medicine and therapy, and most importantly, self-care. Don’t hesitate to take help, it does mean you are weak.
How to cure depression on a personal level?
Stay connected to your loved ones and participating in social activities will also improve your mood and perspective toward people. Do things that make you feel good. Don’t force yourself to do things, but you should push yourself to indulge in activities that will make you feel better.
Read Out More Blogs
- Diet Plan For Weight Loss: Tips And Full Day Meal Plan 
- Foods To Eat During Periods: Best 13 Foods For Menstrual Health
- How To Reduce Panic Attacks? – A Complete Guide
Contact Us Today
Are you struggling with the same? Then your search to find the right guidance ends here. Our weight loss experts, mental coaches, and yoga experts have helped thousands of clients globally to attain a healthy lifestyle and stress-free life. So, contact us today and start your healthy journey with us.
This blog is for information purposes only. If you find any of the above symptoms, please contact mental health professionals, or even you can book a consultation with us.