White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
In the present era, the world is recognizing the need for healthy eating like never before, right? Nowadays awareness in the area of health and fitness has improved. People have started to realize that being overweight is dangerous for health. Therefore, healthier options for eating will be fruitful. For instance: having dry fruits for weight loss shows remarkable results, proving to be healthy apart from being mouth-watering.
However, the festival of light ‘Diwali’ is around the corner. Nowadays due to health scare around the number of mithais available in the market, people are more declined towards dry fruits. So, if you love dry fruits and also want to shed some weight then, we have good news for you. Now, you can add your favorite food to your diet plan and attain your dream of getting a smaller number on the weighing machine. Wondering how? Then, keep reading on as we will let you know how you can inhabit dry fruits in your weight loss journey.
Benefits Of Dry Fruits For Weight Loss
You might be wondering how dry fruits that are rich in nutrients, minerals, good fat, etc. will help you lose weight. Here are the reasons:
- Boosts Metabolic Rate
Dry fruits are rich in minerals, enzymes, and vitamins. Altogether they improve the digestion system. A good digestive system means a higher metabolic rate which means the body will produce more heat and energy.
- Keeps You Full For a Long
Dry fruits are a rich source of fiber. It keeps the stomach full and prevents overeating. A large number of calories are stored in the body as fat.
- Help With Weight Loss
Including nuts and dry fruits in your regular diet will help you lose weight. If you consume dry fruits and nuts in moderation they help you stay fit and reduce weight. Individuals who regularly take dry fruits are known to take in lesser fat, and sugar and more importantly have nutrients for proper metabolism.
Best Dry Fruits For Weight Loss
Now having understood how dry fruits help in losing weight, we also need to be aware of the best-dried fruit for weight loss to get maximum benefits from our efforts.
Sharing a list of dry fruits for weight loss, which every weight watcher must know of:
- Raisins have proven to promote weight loss. Soaked raisins have a better effect than raw raisins as the nutritional value of raisins increases on soaking.
- The presence of nutrients in them is better absorbed by the body if consumed in the soaked form. It inhibits sugar cravings and helps in maintaining sugar levels.
2. Dry Figs/Anjeer
- Anjeer has high fiber content, making it a perfect aid in your weight loss journey. The fiber present in these dry fruits helps in digestion and keeps you fuller for longer.
- Further, there are other anjeer benefits such as it controls your overall calorie intake. The nutrients present in anjeer are also known to promote metabolic rate.
- Also, omega-3 fatty acids in dried figs are known to burn more calories when you exercise. It also helps you to cut down abdominal fat. Being naturally sweet, dried figs are good to be eaten as desserts to satisfy sweet cravings.
- Almonds benefits people who are overweight or obese and tend to have a high level of bad cholesterol. Having almonds on a daily basis reduces the level of bad cholesterol. So, making almonds a companion in your weight loss journey will definitely benefit you.
- Badam contains a low number of calories when it comes to weight loss. They are rich in nutrients like mono-saturated fats, antioxidants, and protein.
- Being rich in fiber, dates benefits us to keep full for a longer period. Overeating will be reduced and you will not be tempted to snack in between meals.
- Also, dates contain Vitamin B5 which enhances stamina. Increased stamina helps you to exercise better and head faster towards your weight loss goal.
5. Munakka/Black Grape Raisins
- Munakka is sweet in taste and is considered a rich source of phenolic compounds. Also called ‘Dried Grapes’.
- Munakka benefits as anti-aging, anti-inflammation, antioxidant, cardiovascular protection, etc. Munakka also contains no fats and has an excellent dose of calories, proteins, and carbohydrates.
- Snacking on pista will prove to be highly beneficial in weight loss. Pistachios are a good source of fiber, improving digestion and regulating bowel movement.
- As a result, it enhances the metabolism which helps in quick weight loss.
Best Nuts For Weight Loss
Here below is the list of the best nuts for weight loss that can help you, weight watchers, in fat to fit journey. Let’s have a look:
- Walnuts for weight loss are unique in their own way. It consists of Omega 3 fatty acids in bulk along with alpha-linolenic acid.
- These fatty acids regulate the fat in the body and are right for cardiovascular health. However, the consumption of walnuts will help in improving heart health.
2. Hazelnuts/Pahadi Badam
- Hazelnuts or pahadi badam have a very high fiber content along with good fats. The presence of these fibers helps in keeping you full for a longer period and will curb the in-between snacking urge which can be the first leap towards the weight loss goal.
3. Pin Nuts/Chill Goje
- Pin nuts have low calories in contrast with other nuts. Pine nuts have pinolenic acid, which is a benefit for appetite restraint.
- The presence of magnesium acts as an energy fruit that can help boost your energy level. As a result, you can maintain a more active lifestyle.
4. Makhana Or Lotus Seed
- Makhana is a perfect source of several important nutrients and makes a great addition to a well-rounded healthy diet. Apart from being rich in carbs, makhana benefits from several micronutrients that include magnesium, calcium, iron, and phosphorus.
- Calcium benefits, in particular, have been shown to strengthen bone health, reduce blood pressure, and decrease cholesterol levels.
Best Ways to Consume Nuts And Dry Fruits For Weight Loss
There are no limitations to how you can add dry fruits to your diet. So, here are some of the best ways to include them in your daily diet. Let’s read:
- Dry Fruits Laddu For Weight Loss
Also called energy laddu. A healthier version of Indian sweet, so that you can enjoy your “laddu” without holding yourself back in your weight loss journey.
- Soaked Dry Fruits For Weight Loss
The best way to have dry fruits in your daily routine is in the morning. Soak a handful of dry fruits like raisins, almonds, walnuts, figs, etc. in different small bowls (quantity as per the need) all night and have them with a glass of milk the next morning.
- Makhana Raita For Weight Loss
Makhana Raita Recipe is a perfect source of protein and a win-win for all weight watchers. Usually, this recipe is popular during Navratri. So, the best method to add nutrient-rich makhanas to your normal diet is through makhana raita.
Points To Remember When Consuming Dry Fruits For Weight Loss
- Always self-restrain yourself when consuming dry fruits because dry fruits are rich in nutrients. Always calculate the amount of consumption in a day.
- Only consume those dry fruits that are without any additives. However, having sugar-coated dry fruits is not as beneficial as consuming natural dry fruit.
- While purchasing dry fruits, always check the labels to see whether it has any additives or not because many times dry fruits are mixed with sugars, spices, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best time to eat dry fruits for weight loss?
Many people take dry fruits before going to sleep but as per the ayurvedic, it is best to consume dry fruits in the morning after they have been soaked for 6 to 8 hours prior to the night.
Can dried fruit help you lose weight?
According to various studies, people who include dried fruit in their daily routine were generally healthier. However, in terms of weight loss, there is a good source to take in your weight loss journey.
How much quantity of dry fruit for weight loss you should eat per day?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the United States and worldwide recommendations recommend that a person can take up to 40 grams of dry fruit each day.
What are the benefits of having dried fruits?
Dried fruits are great nutritional snacks. To avoid added sugar you should simply take a couple of dried raisins or any other fruit and dry them naturally.
With our 5 magical weight loss drinks, you can shed kilos wondering how? Let’s read and learn more about these interesting drinks through this informative blog.
Many studies have discovered that our health depends a lot on our weight as it can impact the number of body functions. Therefore, keeping track of the same diligently can help you improve the way you look and see. No wonder dry fruits are perfect for overall health enhancement but go a long way when it comes to weight loss. However, you must also keep in mind that along with dry fruits, you need to take care of your overall diet and exercise daily for weight loss.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.