Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
What makes a woman superior to a man? Or What is one thing that god has gifted to women but not men? Well, yes, they are painful but a gift by the god- “Periods”. Periods is the stage when there is the release of blood from the vagina for a maximum of 7 days, indicating that puberty is coming to an end. And this feeling is the best feeling ever because this is the moment when girls get to know that now they are all grown up, matured, and have entered the stage where they can make their own intelligent and independent decisions. Well, during periods you feel discomfort, there is an ache in different body parts, especially the stomach, and you feel troubled. However, what is essential is the consumption of the correct type of foods to eat during periods. So, let us make your periods happy and healthy!
Best Foods To Eat During Periods
Periods are always challenging because they are painful, you feel lazy, and sometimes crave food and want to eat 24 hours, but sometimes you want to lie in bed doing nothing and eating less. But now, let us make the days of menstruation easy and comfortable! We have the best foods for the period that you can include in your diet to avoid the pain, not be lazy and make your period days happy.
Water is essential, but drinking during periods is the most helpful thing for your body. It helps you stay hydrated, reducing the chances of dehydration headaches, a common symptom of menstruation.
- Consuming enough water helps lubricate the joints preventing any joint pain.
- Drinking water, however, allows the mouth to keep clean and reduces tooth decay.
- Water also delivers oxygen throughout the body.
- Moreover, besides being the best food for a period, it boosts your skin, making it healthy and more beautiful.
Eating the correct type of foods during periods helps you a lot as they help in hydration and curb your sugar cravings without eating refined sugars.
- Fruits to eat during periods are beneficial as they are a good source of vitamins A, C, and E, magnesium, zinc, phosphorous, folic acid, and minerals.
- Moreover, they contain a good fiber that keeps you full for extended periods and boosts gut health.
- However, as they are low in calories and fat, you can eat them more to keep yourself full and help you lose weight.
- Also, it prevents you from types of cancer and other diseases.
3. Leafy Green Vegetables
Knowing the type of foods to induce in the period for sunny periods is essential. However, these green leafy vegetables prevent your body from fatigue, bodily pain, and dizziness which are common in periods.
- Consuming these vegetables increases and boosts the levels of iron in your body.
- Moreover, they are packed with nutrients, vitamins A, K, E, C, B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6, and beta-carotene and folate.
- They have high mineral content like iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, calcium, phosphorus, and sodium, which are essential for your body.
- Also, they have a good amount of fiber and save you from consuming fats and lipids as they have nearly zero fat content.
One of the best foods to eat during periods is every kitchen’s ingredient ginger /adarak as it has anti-inflammatory effects, which soothe achy muscles and help improves other specific symptoms of menstruation. So, you can consume ginger in any form like tea, ginger mint water, or add it to your meal.
- However, ginger may also reduce nausea after surgery and morning sickness.
- Ginger prevents the condition of vomiting during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Ginger has potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties like gingerol.
- Also, ginger helps improve weight-related measurements, which include body weight and the waist-hip ratio.
Chicken is another iron- and protein-rich food essential for your overall health and one of the foods for period cramps. However, chicken is the best food to eat during periods.
- It is a great source of amino acids that helps to build muscle tissue and helps to maintain bone mineral density.
- Moreover, it is high in protein, making you feel full despite not eating much helping in weight management.
- Also, it contains the amino acid tryptophan that increases the level of serotonin which is the “feel good” hormone in brains.
- Consuming chicken is good for overall health and prevents illness and certain types of cancer.
Fish is a period pain relief food containing iron that further helps prevent menstruating pain. So, make sure you add fish to the foods you eat during periods.
- Fish is high in many nutrients like protein, iodine, vitamins, and minerals, all essential for the body.
- Also, it contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D.
- Moreover, it reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes, keeping your heart healthy.
- Being rich in omega-3, it is suitable for your eyes as it improves your vision.
A proper diet is essential to keep your menstruation cycle pain-free and healthy. However, natural turmeric is the best as it has an anti-inflammatory spice leading to less severe symptoms. Therefore, you can add turmeric to the foods you eat during periods.
- Turmeric helps reduce the chronic inflammation that can lead to many severe health conditions.
- Moreover, it boosts the hormone BDNF in the brain, further increasing the growth of new neurons.
- As it contains curcumin, it protects your heart from various diseases and is an anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant.
- Moreover, it has anti-cancer properties protecting you from certain types of cancer.
8. Dark Chocolate
During periods, you often crave something sweet. So, dark chocolate is the best food during periods to curb our craving for it. It helps your mood become better and helps calm your mind.
- Dark chocolate is rich in minerals, iron, copper, manganese, and fiber, which are all critical for your body.
- Also, it contains various powerful antioxidants compared to most other foods.
- It contains bioactive compounds that help in the blood flow in the arteries.
- Consumption of dark chocolates also lowers oxidation-prone LDL and helps improve insulin sensitivity.
Nuts are other foods to eat during periods as they further contain omega-3 fatty acids and protein, helping in painless menstruation. It has other benefits as well.
- Well, nuts like almonds, cashew and walnuts are rich in fat, and several nutrients, including vitamin E, magnesium, and selenium, and low in carbs.
- They contain polyphenols and antioxidants that further help protect your cells and cholesterol levels.
- Eating the right number of nuts can also aid in weight loss.
- It helps lower bad LDL and boost levels of good LDL.
10. Flaxseed oil
Consumption of flaxseed oil helps soothe constipation, a common symptom of menstruation.
- It is high in ALA omega-3 fatty acids which have various health benefits.
- It reduces the growth of cancerous cells preventing multiple types of cancer.
- Also, it lowers blood pressure and increases the elasticity of the arteries.
- Moreover, it helps prevent diarrhoea.
Quinoa is rich in nutrients, gluten-free, and suitable to include in your diet during periods. So, consuming hot quinoa porridge will surely help you get rid of discomfort and pain. However, you can try this recipe during periods as it has other benefits as well.
- It is packed with fiber, protein, folate, and magnesium.
- Also, it contains flavonoids quercetin and kaempferol, which have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects on the body.
- Moreover, being rich in fiber helps support the health of your gut, body weight maintenance, and more.
- Quinoa is gluten-free, which increases the nutrient value of your diet.
12. Lentils And Beans
If you are a vegetarian or a vegan, lentils and beans can be one of the best foods to eat during periods. They are rich in iron and protein, helping you in painful periods.
- Lentils are a good source of Vitamin B, iron, potassium, and zinc, which are essential for your health.
- They contain polyphenols that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Moreover, lentils and beans keep your heart healthy, aid in weight loss, and prevent homocysteine accumulation in your body.
- Also, as they contain a large amount of folate, it is beneficial for pregnant ladies and during pregnancy.
Yoghurt is another food to consume during periods as it helps nourish the good bacteria in your vagina, helping fight infections.
- Yoghurt provides your body with every essential nutrient, especially calcium, B vitamins, and trace minerals.
- Being high in protein helps in weight management and a good appetite.
- Also, it contains probiotics that boost your digestive health and reduce the symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders.
- Consuming yoghurt helps prevent illness and offers your body various minerals and vitamins.
Transformation Of Weight Loss During PCOD
Well, periods are an important and healthy part of a woman’s life. But during their cycle of menstruation, they go through a lot of pain, cramps and discomfort. But as a fact, the most important concern is irregular periods. However, irregular periods can be a condition of PCOD and PCOS. Moreover, during these conditions women tend to put on weight which is not easy to lose. So, here you can depend on the dietitians of Fitelo, who will guide you with a proper diet plan helping you recover PCOD/PCOS in a healthy way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which Are The Foods To Avoid During Periods?
Ans: Foods like red meat, sugar, caffeine, alcohol and spicy food should be avoided if you want to have comfortable periods.
Q: Which Are The Foods To Get Periods?
Ans: Fruits rich in vitamin C, ginger, jaggery turmeric, and beetroot are the best foods to add to your diet if you want to get your periods.
Q: What Can You Eat To Get Your Periods Early?
Ans: Some foods have heat-generating properties that help speed up a menstruation cycle and help get the early periods.
Q: What Is the Difference Between Pcod And Pcos?
Ans: PCOD is when you are getting irregular, infrequent, prolonged periods. While PCOS is much more severe than PCOD, the ovary stops producing eggs in this condition.
Well, it is not about losing weight all the time, isn’t it? There are people who want to gain weight and look perfect in whatever they wear. So, Fitelo has the best weight gain diet plan for you, which will surely satisfy your want. For more, you can, however, get in contact with the dietitians of Fitelo as they are the experts and the best to satisfy your needs.
Try These Recipes From Our Kitchen
- Moong Dal Bread Toast: Veg Crispy Weight Loss Snack
- Veg Burger: Make 25gm Protein Burger At Home With Rajma Tikki
- Moong Dal Recipe For Soup: Healthy And Perfect For Weight Loss
The days in period are not as full of fun as they usually are. Because you are in pain, you feel lazy and do not feel like even getting ready, especially in the 1st-two days of this stage. But Fitelo has now made it easy for you by telling you the foods to consume during periods to make yourself feel better and comfortable. Moreover, there are other health benefits as well that these foods will offer you. Also, it is important to consult a doctor if you notice any delay in your menstruation cycle. Say Hi! To Happy Periods now.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.