White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
You might have heard your grandmother insisting you have homemade Nimbu pani with a magical crystalline gum. A gum with no taste. Just recall, what is it? Gondk… Yes, Yes, recall. You are almost there. It’s something related to herbs. Yes, Gond Katria. You got it right.
Gond katira is a magical ingredient, and wonder herb you can commonly find in Indian kitchens, especially in summer. Gond Katira comes from a shrub, which is mostly found in the Middle East. It doesn’t give you any taste, but gond katira benefits are incredible.
This article is all about this wonder herb. Let’s go through its interesting facts, its uses, and nutritional value.
Gond Katira In English – Tragacanth Gum
Nutritional Value of Gond Katria
Gond katira benefits us in numerous ways. Regarding its nutritional value, it is a rich source of energy, carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats. The complete nutritional profile of Gond Katira per 100g is as follows:
Let’s discuss all the interesting Gond Katira benefits and explain the reasons why it should be a must-have addition to your summer diet.
Gond Katira Benefits [Gond Katira ke Fayde]
Tragacanth gum has a variety of health benefits. The best part is that this sap cools the body in the summer and heats the body in the winter. So, let us now look at the primary Gond Katira benefits.
1. Gond Katira Benefits for Female
- Women become extremely weak after giving birth. Thus, gond Katira helps the female body regain post-pregnancy strength and helps the new mother cope with the challenges of motherhood.
- Also, during pregnancy, Gond Katira is extremely beneficial to both the mother and the child. Katira Gond is very nourishing, and Gond laddoo is one of the healthy sweets traditionally given to pregnant women because it is high in calcium and protein.
- It also helps in the development of strong bones and prevents back pain. Additionally, it also aids in the control of heavy blood flow during menstruation and promotes lactation.
2. Gond Katira Benefits for Male
- Gond Katira improves male vigor. Whether it is a night discharge, early discharge, or even an involuntary discharge, Gond Katira is worth considering in every case. It is one of the effective treatments for men’s sexual inadequacy and weakness.
- Also, Gond Katira benefits for males also include increased sex drive and treatment of sexual inadequacy or weakness in men. So, long-term use of gond katira can cure other sexual issues in men, such as low sperm count, erectile dysfunction, and other issues.
3. Gond Katira for Heatstroke
- Gond Katira has amazing dual properties of cooling and warming. It is mainly used to prepare a drink that helps to cool down the body heat during the summer season.
- Also, due to its dual properties, it helps in curing dysentery and cough. Moreover, it acts as a cooling agent, by lowering body temperature. This, in turn, helps in preventing heat stroke and helps your body from dehydrating in hot weather.
- Moreover, one of the beneficial uses of Gond katira is that it is extremely effective in controlling nose bleeding, which is common in children during the hot summer months.
4. Gond Katira Benefits for Digestion
- Gond Katira benefits for gut health and digestion include laxative effects that aid in constipation prevention.
- Also, the enzymes in gond katira also aid digestion and regulate bowel movements.
5. Gond Katira Cures Urinary Incontinence
- Gond Katira has magnificent results in the treatment of UTI (urinary incontinence) or involuntary urination.
- In fact in the cases of urinary tract inflammation and urine blockage. However, it helps you to calm the urinary muscles.
6. Gond Katira Benefits for Skin
- Gond Katria is well known to have anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties and thus help in delaying wrinkles and reducing fine lines.
- Healing wounds and pigment reduction are two of the Gond Katira benefits for pimples.
- This herb also supports the treatment of acne, skin pigmentation, breakouts, and burns. Thus, for best results, combine this gum with face masks or face packs.
7. An Excellent Immunity Booster
- Gond Katria is an excellent immunity booster that increases the secretion of immune cells, thereby strengthening our immune system to fight diseases and other foreign invaders.
- Also, it helps in cell regeneration and recovery. Gond Katira has an impressive nutrient profile that enables it to be used in ayurvedic medical practices for years.
- Above all, it helps in keeping blood pressure and blood sugar level in check. As a result, all of these properties help boost the natural defense mechanism of the human body.
8. Gond Katira Benefits For Weight Loss
- Gond Katira flush out toxins from your body and enhances metabolism.
- Therefore, the high-fiber content of Gond Katira benefits your body by keeping you full for a longer time and boosting your gut health. Hence helps you in weight loss. So, it can be added to a diet plan for weight loss as an important ingredient.
Other Uses Of Gond Katira
- Apart from Gond Katira benefits for health, it has many other uses in different industries. Such as:
- Gond Katira is also used as a paste in modern burn treatments.
- By the way, Gond Katira is also used in the cosmetics industry as a culture medium in laboratories, among other things.
- Katira gum is also used to make a paste that is used in floral sugarcraft to create life-like flowers on wires that are used as cake decorations.
- Last but not least, it is used as a thickener in sauces, confections, salad dressings, ice cream, and other products.
How To Consume Gond Katira?
Gond katira can be used in many ways. You can also include this natural gum in many recipes like:
- Gond Laddu
Simply soak a small piece of Gond Katira in water for a couple of hours. The gum will swell and resemble crushed ice. Further, you can also consume this clear jelly-like substance by adding in your favourite drinks like shikanjvi, lemonade, and milk.
Also, you can combine gond katira with curd, which is beneficial to get rid of constipation as well as diarrhea.
Tea Drinking Mistakes Lead To Weight Gain
Who says you can’t drink tea in your weight loss journey? But yes most of us drink tea that is strong and over boiled. This is a major mistake that most of us are making which causes stomach acidity. Here is a detailed video by Dietician Mac Singh that helps you identify the top 5 mistakes people are not healthily consuming tea. So, here we go:
What are the side effects of Gond?
Side effects include increased gas production, diarrhea, and loose stools. These side effects usually decrease or disappear after several days of use. Moreover, high doses of guar gum or not drinking enough fluid with the dose of guar gum can cause blockage of the esophagus and the intestines.
Is Gond good for bones?
The properties in gond katira make it a go-to derivation for calcium and protein which is a must to develop and maintain strong bones.
Is Gond good for hair?
Gond Katira gives strength and volume to the hair in a natural way. As a matter of fact, Gond Katira is used for its fantastic strengthening, volumizing and conditioning properties and can be a remedy to try in cases of brittle, dry, weakened, dull hair as a substitute for conditioner or hair masks.
Yummy Recipes From Our Kitchen
- Mint & Basil Lemonade with Gond katira Recipe
- Roasted Corn: Healthy Recipe Of Sweet Corn (Indian Style Bhutta)
- Roasted Makhana Recipe For Weight Loss [Watch Full Video]
Time to lose weight easily and quickly. Fitelo presents you with 5 magical weight loss drinks that will show you wonders when consumed. These drinks will not only make you lose weight but also offers several benefits to your body. So, without wasting any time, add them to your everyday morning routine and see yourself extra kilos.
As a matter of fact, the right way to stay healthy and perform at the peak of your strength is to switch to eating more natural ingredients. However, along with the above-mentioned benefits, Gond Katira is famous for serving many purposes in different industries like textiles as a stiffener, culture medium in laboratories, etc. With this in mind, let’s go back to our roots and add gond katira in our various beverages and curries for its numerous health benefits.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post is written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.