White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
However, KFC does not need an introduction as it is a famous food chain known for its finger-licking good Kentucky Fried Chicken. You will be surprised to know, that it all started with just 1 cook. He introduced a burger more than 75 years ago with his secret spices and herbs. Well, do you know who this cook was? He was the founder of KFC himself ‘Colonel Harland Sanders.’ Today at KFC still his formulas are followed for success.
Now the question “Is KFC Chicken Good For Health” is in your mind also? Well, if yes, then we have an answer to it. Let us read and get to know about it.
KFC – Kentucky Fried Chicken
A lot of debates have been conducted on “Is KFC Chicken Good For Health?” Now, people, who are crazy about KFC’s meals for them it is obviously healthy. Whereas, people who are not very fond of it or are conscious about their health say that it is not very healthy.
- Harland Sanders who is the founder of KFC made sure that this was served all over the world. Moreover, in Japan people on Christmas eat it traditionally.
- KFC or Kentucky Fried Chicken is a multi-national food chain and is among the leading restaurant chains with a global footprint.
- As a fact, it has 25,000 stores operational across 146 countries and territories. Moreover, one of the critical attractions of KFC is its diversified menu which also has some vegetarian items on the menu to attract vegetarian customers.
How Is KFC Chicken Good For Health?
- Well, if there is the selling of any product in the open market by the regulatory authorities, it is safe, irrespective of circulated rumours.
- On the other hand, if the authority receives any complaint regarding KFC chicken, it carries an inquiry and necessary testing, etc. Moreover, they also take an action as required under the rules.
- KFC chicken is, however, safe to eat. But it seems the issue of the KFC is from the competitors or the vegetarians defaming them. Most importantly, we don’t have to worry until the regulatory authorities keep an eye on such food chains.
- KFC has options for diners following a gluten-free, low-carb, diabetes-friendly, low-fat, low-sodium, and vegetarian diet, but does not have many items for low-FODMAP and vegan diners.
- The most nutritious food option at KFC is the grilled chicken wings as it has 70 calories per wing, thanks to the cooking method.
Alcohol And Weight Loss: Which Alcohol Is Good For Weight Loss?
Although alcohol is harmful to health and should not be consumed. But we still get queries from people regarding which alcohol should they have when they are on a cheat day or a holiday. So let’s see what Dietitian Mac tells us.
Why KFC Chicken Is Unhealthy?
Do you ever think why dietitians don’t recommend KFC chicken in their diet plans for weight loss? The issue is not the chicken or the particular brand, but other ingredients. So, let’s find out the following reasons that make KFC unhealthy.
1. KFC Breeds Their Chickens
- KFC breeds its genetic type and form of chickens and is in the business of providing its chicken breed to all its customers.
- However, the chickens they breed are malnutrition in nature and they keep in pathetic conditions.
- Also, the chickens are not original but hybrid chickens.
- Moreover, some KFC chickens are inorganic and unnatural. As most of them are test-tube produced.
2. Eating KFC Regularly Makes You fat
- The dishes of KFC are mostly deep-fried and are made using tons of oil. So, the regular consumption of KFC can make you gain weight.
- Therefore, continuous consumption of fast food, chicken, and meat that too with excess oil can lead to heart and fat-related issues.
3. Ingredients In KFC Chicken Are Harmful
- In KFC chicken, they use materials and ingredients that contain substances like maltodextrin.
- However, this substance can cause diabetes and increase the levels of blood sugar in our body if consumed regularly.
- Moreover, KFC uses monosodium glutamate (MSG) in its materials and ingredients. This might further, lead to problems like bad brain response, kidney problems, and blood pressure.
4. May Elevate Your Cholesterol Levels
- If you’re eating KFC almost every day, your cholesterol levels are likely higher than they should be. However, this leads to high LDL(low-density lipoprotein), a harmful type of cholesterol.
- LDL, further, can build up in your arteries causing them to narrow over time and causing a form of heart disease called atherosclerosis.
5. Possibility Of Weight Gain
- Going every day to eat junk food like this, will make you gain weight. Fried foods, whether it’s chicken or fish, inherently contain more calories than their non-fried counterparts.
- Moreover, fried chicken is often dipped in batter or flour and then submerged in a vat of frying oil. Therefore, opting for the fried version of food means intaking 200 extra calories.
6. Increased Risk Of 2 Diabetes
- This is one of the worst side-effects of KFC chicken. This chicken is high in cholesterol, specifically elevated LDL levels.
- So, if the regular eating of fried chicken has led to a gain in weight and higher cholesterol levels. Then you may be even more at risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Therefore, according to the studies, frequently consuming fried food leads to an increased risk of developing the condition 2 diabetes.
So clearly KFC Chicken Is Unhealthy. Yes, it is ok to have it once a month but you can avoid that also, by substituting Fitelo’s chicken cutlet or KFC-styled Keto Air-Fried Chicken which is a healthier and yummy option. However, apart from this, there are other options also.
Nutrional Value In Chicken Zinger Burger
Which is the lowest calorie dish of KFC?
KFC regular potato and gravy have only 71 calories in each serve. However, they are not mashed in the traditional sense so are not called “Mashed Potato.”
Which Is The Unhealthiest Food At KFC?
The unhealthiest item on their menu is chicken pot pie. It contains 790 calories, 46 grams of fat, 37 grams of saturated fat, 95 milligrams of cholesterol, and 2,120 milligrams of sodium.
Is KFC Original Chicken healthy?
Well, as a fact this chicken has 19 grams of fat and 380 calories. However, if you remove the skin and breading it will reduce the fat to 3 grams, zero grams of trans fat, and 140 calories.
Hello, to all the momos lovers who have stopped eating them in a fear of weight gain. Fitelo has a surprise for you. It presents you chicken homemade momos. They are not only mouth-watering but have weight loss-aiding properties as well. Moreover, it has vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial plant compounds. Time to cook your favourite dish in a healthier way.
Probably as per the discussion about ‘is KFC chicken good for health’ is clear and sorted. So, all KFC lovers, if want to stay healthy and fit it is time to start avoiding KFC chicken. You can, however, have it once or twice a month but making KFC your everyday dish is clearly not worth it. To be clear we aren’t saying KFC is bad but for the people who are diet and health-conscious for them, this information is valuable. People, who are on their weight loss journey can gain weight and increase cholesterol levels as well. Fitelo, therefore, has several options for you to have instead of KFC. So why choose unhealthy when you can opt for healthy food as delicious as KFC.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.