White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
While we all like to binge on something healthy once in a while or out of guilt to stay fit, is a much-awaited part of every outing. Is sweet corn good for weight loss? Let’s find out.
In an attempt to go ‘healthier,’ people are now ditching going to the fast-food giants and getting attracted towards the good old ‘sweet corn’ or fried corn (another sweet corn recipe).
Is sweet corn healthy for weight loss or not let’s answer that first!
4 Big Reasons Why Is sweet corn good for weight loss?
If you ask what are the reasons to eat sweet corn in weight loss? here is the answer, sweet corn can be a beneficial addition to a weight loss plan when consumed in a mindful and balanced manner.
Here are the health benefits of sweet corns and how to incorporate it effectively:
- Fiber is your ally when it comes to weight loss. Corn’s fiber content can slow down digestion, keeping you feeling fuller for longer and reducing the urge to snack between meals.
- Sweet corn is a good source of dietary fiber. Fiber adds bulk to your meals, making you feel full and satisfied, which can help control your appetite and prevent overeating.
- Don’t let the modest calorie count fool you. Despite being relatively low in calories. It provides essential vitamins (such as vitamins A, B vitamins, and vitamin C)
- Also minerals (like magnesium and phosphorus), ensuring you’re getting valuable nutrients without excess calories.
Slow Release Of Energy:
- The carbohydrates in sweet corn are healthy carbs for weight loss, which are broken down more slowly by the body.
- This leads to a gradual and sustained release of energy, helping to maintain stable blood sugar levels.
- This sustained energy can help you stay active and prevent energy crashes that lead to unhealthy craving.
Keeps You Full:
- The combination of fiber and water content in sweet corn can promote a sense of fullness. The act of chewing corn requires more effort and time compared to consuming processed foods.
- Chewing triggers the release of saliva, which contains enzymes that start breaking down carbohydrates.
- Additionally, the longer time spent chewing sends signals to the brain that you’re eating, allowing your body to register that you’re consuming a meal.
- This process contributes to the feeling of satisfaction after eating.
Smart Ways to Include Sweet Corn in Your Diet:
Here are simple and healthy ways how to eat sweet corn in a diet:
- Colorful Salads: Create vibrant salads by tossing sweet corn kernels with a variety of colorful vegetables. Add lean proteins like grilled chicken for a complete and satisfying meal.
- Stir-Fries and Stir-Fry: Incorporate sweet corn into vegetable stir-fries or use it as a key ingredient in nutritious grain bowls.
- Simple Sides: Swap out calorie-dense sides for a serving of boiled or grilled sweet corn chaat recipe. This can reduce your overall calorie intake without compromising on taste.
- DIY Popcorn: Make your own popcorn using whole corn kernels. This provides a healthier alternative to store-bought options loaded with unhealthy fats and artificial flavors.
In case you suffer from bloating and flatulence, corn is not for you. When you consume corn either by boiling corn or as fried corn, it breaks down in the body. And a huge amount of gas is released because it contains a lot of insoluble fiber.
Final Take: Is Corn Good For Weight Loss?
So, is corn good for weight loss? Absolutely, when approached wisely. Its fiber, nutrients, and balanced carbs make it a valuable addition to a weight loss diet.
Its fiber content, nutrient density, and versatility make it a smart addition to a balanced diet.
By approaching sweet corn with awareness, portion control, and creativity, you can harness its potential to support your weight loss journey while enjoying its naturally sweet flavors.
Remember, successful weight management involves a holistic approach that considers not only individual foods but also lifestyle choices.
Corn is good for diabetes as well if proper use of corn in your diet will help speed up the healing process. It plays a key role in improving health conditions and normalizing blood sugar levels.
But you can eat no more than 200g twice a week. However, boiled corns are good for the body but if you don’t want to eat you can cook various dishes with corn.
Corn Flakes Vs Oats, Which One Is Healthy?
Both cornflakes and oats can be part of a healthy diet. However, oats are generally considered to be the healthier option due to their rich nutritional value. Let us know furthermore about these by watching the below video by Dietitian Mac.
Mayuri’s Success Story: 10 kgs and 23 Inches Gone in Just 45 Days!
Mayuri is a super cool 12-year-old student from Delhi and her parents got a bit worried when they saw her munching on too many snacks and becoming a pro at unhealthy eating. That’s when they turned to Fitelo for our personalized diet plan.
Fitelo’s personalized diet plan for Mayuri worked its magic, and In just 45 days. Check out her story of a major transformation!
Corn as bhutta or chhalli, or even in the form of popcorn, but without caramel. These options are much better and safer in contrast to the masala corns or sweet corns available in the market. And if you are a corn-lover, there are easy-to-make home-based healthy recipes from our kitchen available too that can be considered.
Frequently Asked Question
Is Sweet Corn Good For Diabetes?
Sweet corn can be a part of a diabetes-friendly diet, but it’s a starchy vegetable that contains carbohydrates, which can cause blood sugar levels. So, it is recommended to consume a limited amount.
How Much Corn Can A Diabetic Patient Eat?
A diabetic patient should recommend eating a maximum of 100 gm of corn per day to improve digestion and lowers blood sugar levels too.
Is Sweet Corn Good For Weight Loss?
If taken in large quantities sweet corn can hamper your weight loss journey. However, being high in starch content, sweet corn causes weight gain and lethargy.
Is sweet corn healthy for weight loss?
Yes, corn is a high-fiber food that helps us lose weight by increasing metabolism and keeping our gut satisfied for longer.
What Are The Dishes We Can Cook With Corn?
You can make various corn dishes such as corn cutlet, corn chaat, corn stuffed roll, etc. for your healthy meal plan.
can we eat sweet corn during weight loss?
Yes you can but with a limit, consult your dietitian before taking any steps if you are trying to lose weight.
Blog Related Topics:
Contact Us Today
If you’re searching for the right guidance as well as better assistance, then your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.