Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Is Zumba good for weight loss? Does it really work? The answer is yes, Zumba helps you in losing weight. Zumba is a form of exercise in which people dance. In this, you can groove to the beats of salsa music and lose weight. Moreover, you will feel more like a dance party than a workout.
This kind is a high-energy dance workout that involves Latin and other fast international beats. Zumba workout is one of the most loved and popular exercises in the world because of its fun and joyous nature.
Can Zumba Help To Accomplish Weight Loss Goals?
According to several studies, it is searched that an average participant can burn at least 369 calories in a single session. Isn’t it so cool, to lose weight easily by grooving on some fast salsa beats?
Performing Zumba regularly in routine targets your different muscle groups at once. Moreover, it also helps people in gaining muscle tissue which is crucial for their metabolism.
How Is Zumba Good For Weight Loss?
There are many different kinds of Zumba classes that incorporate weight for additional calorie burning and strength training. Also, kids can also attend these classes to remain fit.
Did you know you working out in Zumba class for at least 60 minutes burns an average of 360 calories?
Targeted Areas While Performing Zumba For Weight Loss
Listing below the target areas while performing Zumba:
- Core: In many dance steps of Zumba emphasize the hips and midsection to help strengthen the core.
- Arms: Traditionally in Zumba classes we do not target the arms. But there are some other special classes like Zumba Toning that use weights to aid strengthen and tone the arms.
- Legs: Yes, Zumba classes include jumps and lunges which are parts of the choreographed movements. This promotes the strength work of the Quads and Hamstrings.
- Glutes: Definitely you will feel the burn in your buns while moving them on the fast beat.
- Back: It doesn’t focus on back muscles because in dance steps there are no such steps that involve back exercises.
Types Of Zumba For Weight Loss
So, here we are sharing a few types of Zumba:
- Flexibility: This category of Zumba is designed to enhance the body’s flexibility.
- Aerobic: Aerobics for weight loss involves the high-and low-intensity intervals that make Zumba a mind-blowing cardio workout.
- Strength: Strengthening Zumba is a traditional workout that emphasizes strengthening the core.
- Low-Impact: No, Zumba classes are high-energy and involve jumping, stretching, bouncing, and other high-impact moves.
How Many Calories Do You Burn Doing Zumba?
Chart: Time vs burn calories
|TIME(MINUTES)||CALORIES (DEPENDING ON WEIGHT)|
|150 lbs (68 Kgs)||200 lbs (90 Kgs)||250 lbs (113 Kgs)||300 lbs (136 Kgs)||350 lbs (158 Kgs)||400 lbs(181 kgs)|
Weight Loss Tips With Zumba
Working out Zumba means you will get involved in a number of cardiovascular exercises. So, to meet your weight loss goals, you will also need to consume a healthy and balanced diet.
- Always fill your plate with whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, and oats.
- Try to avoid consuming carbohydrates empty stomach such as white bread, cookies, etc.
- Involve lean proteins such as chicken, egg, tofu, and fish in your regular diet.
- Make sure you add fruits and green leafy vegetables to every meal.
- Start consuming meals every three hours. Doing so will help you keep your body’s energy up. But make sure you are choosing healthy Indian snacks.
- Also, include fresh fruits, dry fruits, nuts, and cottage cheese at regular intervals which do not burden you with a lot of unnecessary calories
What Are The Other Advantages Of Zumba?
There is a number of various health benefits, for example:
- Boost Heart Endurance: Zumba is considered an interval workout in which you can choose high and medium intensity levels. These dance moves are designed to get your heart rate up. Therefore, this is an excellent cardio workout to boost heart health.
- Improve Flexibility: With the help of different dance moves in Zumba, it will enhance your muscle’s flexibility and relax them.
- Stretches The Muscles: By performing a basic Zumba, you can stretch and tonne your muscles easily.
- Nurture Your Mood: In addition to Zumba’s physical benefits, it can also be a great source to relieve stress and boost your mood. Undoubtedly, performing exercises has been shown to increase the production of endorphins, which are the body’s natural mood boosters. So, not only Zumba will provide a great workout but also play a great role in improving your mental health.
- Helps In Muscles Building: Dance steps in Zumba incorporate weights to build muscles in the arms, legs, and glutes.
- Good For Overall Health: Zumba is a great activity for many people with medical conditions, like heart conditions, high cholesterol, or diabetes.
How To Measure Your Success?
When you are on your weight loss journey, always keep a close eye on every change in your body. It helps as a healthy motivator.
Measuring scale is not only the way to determine whether are you moving in the right direction. So, here we are sharing a few best inhouse methods to verify your progress:
- Pay attention to your cloth fitting
- Try to take inch measurements regularly
- Always use a calorie tracker
- Include weight variations on the weight tracker
Please Note: The human body sheds weight based on various factors like gender, genetics, and age. So, stop worrying about weight loss, it will only add to the deterioration of your health.
Summary On “Is Zumba Good For Weight Loss?”
Zumba is the best thing is that it is suitable for every age of all fitness levels. It is the best way to stay fit and help you to meet your weight loss goals. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced athlete, you can easily adjust the intensity of the workout that suits your need.
But if you are looking for a fun and effective way to lose weight then people Zumba is the best option. It is the fastest way of burning belly fat.
We all have heard saying that consuming cucumber in the summer help you lose weight and keeps you hydrated. But apart from these two benefits? What are the other endless benefits of this wonder food? If interested to know the answer read now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Zumba Good For Losing Belly Fat?
Zumba workouts are high-intensity exercises. It helps in improved cardiovascular fitness, lowered cholesterol and lowers blood sugar levels, and melts belly fat quickly.
Is Zumba Better Than Gym?
Both Gym and Zumba have their own set of benefits, and the one you choose entirely depends on your end goal. If your goal is to lose weight faster and improve your overall health, Zumba is the way to go. On the other hand, the gym is ideal for toning up and building muscles.
Is Zumba 3 Times A Week Enough?
You may be able to burn between 300 and 900 calories during one hour of mid- to high-intensity Zumba. Doing Zumba two or three times a week, combined with weekly strength training sessions and a balanced diet, may help you meet your weight loss goals.
What Is The Best Time To Do Zumba?
The body’s ability to perform is at its peak in the afternoon, reports healthline.com. From 2 pm to 6 pm, the body temperature is at its highest. As the body temperature increases, it optimizes muscle function and strength.
Is Zumba A Good Way To Lose Weight?
Yes, Zumba is a good way to lose weight fast and effectively.
How Long Should I Do Zumba To Lose Belly Fat?
Zumba will also help you burn your belly fat faster if you do it regularly. Thus, it is recommended to do Zumba 2.5 to 5 hours per week depending on the intensity.
Is Zumba Good For Fat Loss?
Yes, Zumba aids to lose weight easily from the body.
Contact Us Today
If you’re searching for the right guidance and better assistance, then your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. In addition, it is important thing to consider your health before starting a restrictive diet. However, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy, and also Enjoy a long happy life.