White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Here is our Fitelo style Healthy tamarind rice recipe. This is a perfect meal to cook when you want something light, easy, and quick.
- Heat oil and roast peanuts along with both the dals.
- Saute till the dals splutter and slightly colored.
- Now add curry leaves and whole red chilies.
- Mix them well.
- Add salt, hing, red chili powder, and turmeric powder. Saute them well.
- Add gur to the cooked mix and saute well. Now add the tamarind pulp to the mix and saute till it becomes a semi-thick gravy.
- Add cooked rice to the mix.
- Saute it well so the rice is completely mixed with the cooked gravy.
- Serve hot, garnished with tamarind.
- The “Tamarind Rice” is prepared with tamarind and jaggery cooked in oil and mixed with rice along with spices and curry leaves. It remains fresh for two days. So, many South Indian travelers carry the prepared tamarind rice at the time of long journeys.
- Tamarind is great for your heart because it lowers blood cholesterol and blood pressure and Imli has always been used in Ayurvedic medicines to cure digestion issues. Tamarind stimulates bile production that leads to quicker and efficient digestion. It is also rich in fiber, which adds bulks to stools and helps easy bowel movements.
- Tamarind also contains a compound called Hydroxy Citric Acid that prevents an enzyme in your body from storing fat. This acid also reduces appetite by upping serotonin neurotransmitter levels. So it also is a Weight Loss aid.
Here some of our recipes you can give a try
–Lemon rice recipe
–Rice and besan pancake
Love White rice but worried about gaining weight with it? What if we tell you it won’t make you fat? Read the full post to know the reality about the same.
Looking to lose weight from the comfort of your home? So, for any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
For a tangy twist to your regular rice, we have come up with this recipe for you. Do give it a try. But, please make sure to consume the Tamarind rice recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.