Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Ven Pongal is a South Indian dish and is like Indian khichdi. South Indian food, is, however, relished all over India because of its unique taste.
So, here is presenting you with this recipe, which is easy and quick to make. It is a good option to add to your weight loss diet and make your journey of losing weight interesting.
Apart from its taste, you will also, enjoy cooking it. So, try out the recipe and enjoy the flavors of the South sitting anywhere in the world.
How To Make Ven Pongal?
Follow the below steps to prepare this amazing South Indian dish.
- Firstly, place a pan on medium flame and add rice, and moong dal to it. Dry roast them at least for 2 minutes or until you could smell the aromatic fragrance.
- Secondly, rinse the mixture of rice, and moong dal with water properly. Set Aside.
- Thirdly, place the cooker on medium flame and add ghee, asafoetida, chopped ginger, and slitted green chilies. Mix well.
- Now add rice, and moong dal and continue mixing all the ingredients well.
- Then add water, and salt according to the taste, and then cover it with a lid. Allow it to cook until 4 whistles.
Your pongal is ready, but it is still not done. We will now prepare its tempering.
- So, first place a pan on medium flame, add 2 tsp of ghee, and 4 or 5 cashews, and mix them until the cashew turns golden brown.
- Now add 1/2 tsp of peppercorns, 2 tsp of cumin, and 8 or 9 curry leaves. Continue cooking.
- When ready transfer the tempering to the pongal in the cooker and mix well.
Your Ven Pongal is ready to be served hot.
Benefits Of Ven Pongal
Below are the benefits of ven pongal recipe along with the benefits of every ingredient used while making it. So, add to your weight loss diet now.
- Rice is, however, the body’s main fuel as it is rich in carbohydrates.
- Also, rice being gluten-free helps control blood sugar levels also.
- Eating rice supports a healthy heart, and is moreover, easy to digest.
- While moong dal also, aids in weight loss and improves your heart health.
- Also, moong dal prevents diabetes and improves the digestive system.
- Ghee contains essential vitamins, and also, strengthens the immune system.
- Also, ghee helps treat burns and gives you healthy skin.
- Cumin seeds also, help you prevent from cancer, high blood sugar, and heart diseases.
- Curry leaves help deal with stomach ailments and improve the health of your heart.
- While asafoetida, helps you stay away from whooping cough, asthma, ulcer, epilepsy, stomachache, flatulence, bronchitis, etc.
Nutritional Value Of Ven Pongal
So, below is the nutritional value of this recipe, but it might vary with the ingredients and the quantity of ingredients you use.
Also, note these are the approximate values, and calorie burning differs for every individual.
|Vitamin A||67.8 mcg|
Ven pongal for weight loss could be a perfect recipe because of its rich nutritional value. Also, you can have it as your one whole meal.
Other Soth India Recipes
People love eating South Indian food, it is delicious, light, and easy to digest also. However, you can also, lose weight with a South Indian diet plan easily that too along with satisfying your taste buds.
So, below are some easy recipes of South that you can add to your everyday diet.
Summer is here, and so, are the cravings for something meetha, chilled, and refreshing drinks. So, which one would you choose, sweet zeera water, nimbooz, or ghar ka nimbu pani?
Well, everyone has a different taste but no one knows which is healthier. So, click here to know which would be the right option for you to refresh yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Ven Pongal Recipe Good For Good For Weight Loss?
Yes, ven pongal does help in weight loss because it is rich in fiber and protein and contains all healthy ingredients.
How Much Time Does It Take To Cook Ven Pongal?
To cook Ven Pongal it takes around 30 minutes and is easy to cook.
In Which City Is Ven Pongal Famous?
Ven Pongal is a famous recipe of the South. It is, however like khichdi made in India.
Contact Us Today
If you like recipes shared by Fitelo and want to make fitness and food best friends. Then join our hands in making the world a healthier place, starting from you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.