Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Indian spices are known worldwide for their health advantages and aroma. One such popular spice is clove known for its ayurvedic and medical properties. If we talk about the Clove benefits there is a never-ending list, it is the best natural painkiller and home remedy to treat colds, coughs, and sore throats. and it is also added to Indian dishes.
Apart from adding a pleasant aroma to dishes like biryani, dal, curries, soups, and tea, cloves have an excellent nutritional profile that includes a wealth of vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibers. These brownish little buds have been a part of every Indian household and acted as a rescue from cold and sore throats in winter. They naturally contain fewer calories than other foods, which makes them excellent for losing weight.
Cloves are also known as “Laung” or “Lavanga” लौंग in India
What Are Cloves?
Cloves are a kind of spice made from the clove tree’s dried flower buds. They are frequently used in Indian and Asian cuisine and have a strong, pungent flavor. Due to their many health advantages, they are also utilized in conventional treatment.
For its energizing smell and moderately sour flavor, clove is used in tiny amounts to make pulao, biryani, dals, meat curries, and various soups.
8 Powerful Cloves Benefits For Health
Despite being a little spice, clove has a ton of health advantages. This spice can really help you overcome health issues, below is a list of a few of its benefits:
1. Act As A Natural Painkiller
- Due to the eugenol present in cloves, they function as natural antibacterial, dried cloves help with toothaches, which is one of the most notable potential pain-relieving effects. In fact, compared to a typical treatment, they are more effective at reducing pain, inflammation, wound healing, and infection.
- Clove is used as a traditional remedy to cure toothaches, sore throats, and coughs.
- If you are having tooth pain try to keep some tried cloves and keep crushing them from your teeth, this will release the oil present in the clove and reduce the pain, in case of a headache using a bit of clove oil and massage it over your head for relief.
2. Clove Benefits Diabetic People
- Another benefit of cloves is that they are anti-diabetic. Because due to the nigericin components present in cloves, helps in regulating blood sugar levels. It can support stable sugar levels and aid in lowering insulin resistance.
- However, insulin is a hormone that transports blood sugar from the blood to the cells to control blood sugar levels in the body. Hence clove helps in enhancing insulin-producing cells.
3. Good For Bone Health
- Low bone mass, osteoporosis, and arthritis are among diseases that can affect a lot of people, especially in old age. However, clove contains a good amount of manganese which is an essential vitamin for bone health. Additionally, clove’s eugenol promotes stronger and denser bones.
- Clove’s health advantages ultimately guard against illnesses like osteoporosis, fractures, and breaks brought on due to poor bone mass. People with osteoporosis and weak bones must have cloves regularly.
4. Has Anti-Cancer Properties
- However, clove extract, according to a study, can inhibit the growth of tumors and cause the death of cancer cells. Eugenol is responsible for clove’s anti-cancer qualities and its ability to lower the risk of esophageal cancer.
- Further, eat more cloves to prevent cancer, as the compound eugenol in cloves has potent anticarcinogenic qualities and aids in the early management of lung, breast, and ovarian cancer.
5. Powerhouse Of Antioxidants
- Strong antioxidants like cloves can help alleviate a number of chronic medical disorders. Also, the oxidative stress that prevents chronic diseases including diabetes, cancer, and heart disease is decreased by antioxidants.
- Eugenol, a natural antioxidant found in abundance in clove, combats free radicals five times more effectively than any other antioxidant. It halts cell deterioration, hence halting the onset of numerous diseases. Cloves, along with other foods high in antioxidants, can help you live a healthier life.
6. Treats Digestive Issues
- Cloves are frequently used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat digestive problems. Besides, Cloves help in easing out nausea, gas, and vomiting. You can have ginger tea mixed with clove to relieve indigestion.
- However, by promoting enzyme secretion and increasing digestive motility, cloves enhance digestion. One of the best clove benefits is to relieve nausea and gastric irritation.
7. Clove Benefits In Treating Ulcer
- Stress, bacterial infections, or heredity can all cause stomach ulcers. However, the loss of the stomach’s mucus layer is what leads to these ulcers. This mucus layer aids in protecting the stomach walls from acidic food digestion.
- Stomach ulcers occur when the walls of the stomach become too thin. The chemicals in cloves contribute to the thickening of these walls. Clove both heals existing ulcers and lowers the chance of developing new ones.
8. Clove Benefits In Increasing Testosterone Level In Men
- Spices like cloves have a positive effect on men’s reproductive health. It also helps improve men’s health in a number of ways, including:
- Further, it improves sex life, boosts sperm count, eliminates infertility, boosts libido, lessens the occurrence of early ejaculation, and fortifies reproductive organs.
5 Ways To Add Cloves Benefits To Your Daily Life
Since the beginning, cloves have been a staple in Indian cuisine because of their strong minty scent, delicately spicy flavor, and several health advantages. In traditional desi cuisine, either used whole as a bud or ground into a fine powder.
However, Clove powder is frequently included in traditional Indian spice blends like garam masala and Chettinad masala. Here are a few ways how you can enjoy clove benefits by adding it to your diet.
1. Add It To Your Tea To Enjoy Clove Benefits
The easiest way to enjoy the benefits of cloves is by adding them to your everyday tea or you can just have clove tea :
Boil some tea, add clover powder or dried cloves, strain it and have it empty stomach to lose weight or either during the evening to soak in all the nutrients present in the cloves.
2. Dessert Recipes
You can add ground clove to your cake batter. It will make your baked goods more aromatic and a bit healthy. Cinnamon and nutmeg go well along with cloves.
3. Natural Oil
Use clove oil to massage your head in case you have a headache. You can also use clove oil as a mosquito repellent.
4. Add It To Your Indian Recipes To Relish Clove Benefits
You can add to your rice recipes like pulao or biryani, and also to your pickle and authentic chicken gravies.
5. Room Freshener
Use an essential oil diffuser that acts as a room freshener and also as an insect repellent.
Nutritional Facts Of Cloves
Cloves are loaded with calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C as well. Apart from that below is the list of other nutrients present in cloves.
|Total Fat||0.15 g|
Despite being a little spice, clove has several health advantages. Also, this spice contains a wealth of nutrients that support healthy blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, enhance bone, liver, and digestive health, lessen pain, lower the risk of heart disease and cancer, and promote dental health.
It is one of the main herbs used to heal problems like colds, coughs, bad breath, congestion, fever, and pain in every Indian home.
Besides, this is a common ingredient in toothpaste and mouthwash to treat issues with bad breath, plaque, toothaches, gum infections, and tooth decay. It also has analgesic properties. Thus, using clove spice in your diet regularly can really save you from getting cold or other health problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Are The Side Effects Of Clove?
Ans. Cloves are a hot spice if consumed in excess, can result in nosebleeds, mouth ulcers, stomach burning or irritation, and throat rashes.
Q. How Many Cloves Should We Take In A Day?
Ans Taking 4-5 cloves a day is suitable but it’s important to consult your nutritionist or doctor.
Q. Does Clove Water Benefits In Building Immunity?
Ans. Drinking clove water or tea can protect you from viral, colds and also boost your immunity.
Q. Can Clove Benefits Help In Controlling Blood Sugar Levels?
Ans. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities assist in lowering insulin resistance and promoting insulin synthesis in the blood. It prevents blood sugar spikes and also lessens the effects of complications related to diabetes.
Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however, people always focus on almonds or cashew but are you aware of pista benefits? This dry fruit is often ignored by people for daily intake but here are the reasons why you should eat this dry nut.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.