Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Have you ever heard of a thing, plant, human, food item, or anything, which has or is known by more than 6 names? Well, surely, you must have not, but in reality, there is one herb that has 11 names and is grown in almost every house, especially in India. Make a guess…well, say Hi to the most commonly used in cuisines – curry leaves. Yes, this is known as Meetha neem, Kadi patta, Kadhi limbdo, Kadhi Limbu, Girinimba, Krishnanimba, Karuveppilai, Karapincha, Curry vepillai, Kari bevu, and Karivepaku. Oh by the way not just names but there are many curry leaves benefits also, that you will get to know when you continue reading this blog. In fact, some uses are such that you might hear them for the first time and might get surprised also.
What Are Curry Leaves?
So, the tree of curry leaves is native to India, and the foliage of Murraya koenigii. The Kari leaves benefits are several in number and most importantly, they are used for culinary purposes and medicinal also. They have a different flavor of citrus and are aromatic. However, to make it clear, they are different from curry powder. Let us see what benefits it has to give you and your body.
Curry Leaves Nutritional Value
Curry leaves contain a good amount of nutrition and every nutrient has its own importance.
Fiber: It is essential for a healthy gut and regular bowel movements.
Protein: It is necessary, however, the building block of our body.
Calcium: This is beneficial for strong bones and teeth.
Phosphorus: Useful for the kidneys as they help cleanse them and relieve muscle cramps.
Essential oils: This help maintains healthy hair and skin.
Benefits Of Curry Leaves
Curry leaves use are many, and the most important ones are mentioned below for you. These benefits will surely impress you and you might use them every day.
1. Powerful Antioxidant
Curry leaves or kadi pata benefits your body in many ways.
- Curry leaves contain plant compounds that are powerful antioxidants and further, protect are from certain diseases and also, keep you healthy.
- Also, they prevent diseases of the nervous system, kidneys, and cardiovascular system and also, prevent oxidative damage.
2. Reduces Risk Of Cancer
The Health benefits of curry leaves include reducing the risk of cancer.
- Moreover, they have anti-mutagenic potential that further, protects your body from certain types of cancer.
- They contain flavonoids which are anti-cancer agents, inhibiting the growth of breast cancer cells.
- Also, they protect you from cervical cancer and colon cancer.
3. Good For Heart
Curry leaves are also beneficial for a healthy heart also.
- Curry leaves prevent oxidative damage, protecting your heart.
- Also, consuming these leaves decreases cholesterol levels and triglycerides.
4. Management Of Diabetes
People who have diabetes should definitely consume them.
- Curry leaves help control diabetes and all the problems related to it.
- Also, they help in the control and reduction of blood glucose levels.
5. Rich in fiber
These being rich in fiber, will also, give you weight loss.
- Curry leaves are fiber-rich foods and help slow digestion and prevent a hike in blood sugar levels.
- Also, they help boost the activity of insulin which is helpful for diabetic people.
6. Curry Leaves Benefit Stomach Ailments
Why take medicine, when you can cure your stomach problems with something natural?
- However, eating curry leaves also prevents constipation and other stomach ailments.
- They contain carbazole alkaloids which further reduce the risk of diarrhea.
- Also, they help with the indigestion problem due to the presence of mild laxative properties.
7. Reduces Morning Sickness
Do you feel sick when you wake up in the morning, there is a solution.
- Curry leaves, therefore, reduce the feeling of nausea and morning sickness.
- Consuming these leaves by pregnant women is also, helpful as they usually feel morning sickness.
8. Neuroprotective Effects
This is one of the most important curries leaves benefit that you must know.
- Consumption of curry leaves protects your brain as it increases the antioxidants in the body.
- They also protect neurons from oxidative damage which further, prevents Alzheimer’s disease.
- Moreover, it also prevents memory loss or amnesia which is quite common in old age due to the presence of iron and folic acid in it.
9. Kills Bacteria
Did you know, a herb can kill bacteria inside you?
- Curry leaves contain E.coli and Staphylococcus which prevent bacterial infections.
- Also, being rich in vitamin A, it protects your eyes.
10. Good For Skin
Curry leaves are the best choice if you want flawless skin.
- Curry leaves also, give you good and flawless skin and help in soothing any kind of bruises, sunburns, and eruptions on the skin.
How To Use Curry Leaves For Skin?
- Grind the curry leaves to it then add turmeric powder and curd. Mix well and apply it on your face.
- It helps soothe irritation, and rashes and gives your skin a good texture.
11. Curry Leaves Benefits Good Hair
Kadi Patta benefits your hair something in this way,
- Consuming curry leaves also provides hair with a good and healthy texture.
How To Use Curry Leaves For Hair?
- Grind the curry leaves and to it add coconut oil. Apply for some time before washing your hair.
- You also, add lemon juice to the curry leaves and apply it on your hair, as it will stringer the hair roots.
- It stimulates hair growth and prevents your hair from turning grey.
12. Curry Leaves Benefits Weight Loss
Ahh! this benefit is sure, everyone’s favorite.
- Curry leaves contain alkaloids that help manage your cholesterol levels, which further manage your weight.
- Also, they remove toxins from the body preventing the accumulation of fat by acting as detoxifying agents, further, aiding in weight loss.
13. Medicinal Uses
Yes, curry leaves can be used as medicine also, know-how.
- Curry leaves prevent acne, and pimples, strengthen gums and can be used for tooth cleaning.
- Also, it is helpful if bit by a poisonous animal.
14. Other Uses
You can also, use these leaves as mentioned below,
- You can use curry leaves oil in food, medicines, or cosmetics.
- These leaves are, antiseptic, antibiotic, and anti-diabetic.
Dosage Of Curry Leaves
You can consume these leaves as per the below dosage.
- Per day – 8 to 10 fresh Curry leaves
- Curry leaf powder – 1/2 to 1 tsp
Which Is The Best Time To Lose Weight?
So, did you know there is a season in which weight loss becomes easier? Well, yes, this is true, and moreover, that season is already here – winter. To know why winter is the best time for weight loss, watch the below video by Dietitian Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How Can You Store Curry Leaves?
Ans. Curry leaves are aromatic until they are fresh and therefore, lose their flavor when they get dry. So, the best way to store them is to freeze them.
- Plush the leaves and cut the rotten ones, rinsing them nicely and properly.
- Let the leaves dry and preserve them in an airtight container.
- However, you can freeze the fresh leaves in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Q. How Can You Use Curry Leaves In Food?
Ans. You can use these leaves in your tadka or tempering while cooking any vegetable as it will bring a nice flavor and fragrance to your cuisine. Also, you can use them fresh or dry for garnishing.
Q. Can You Grow Curry Leaves At Home?
Ans. Yes, you can grow them, but make sure, the size of the pot is medium, the sunlight the plant gets is adequate and the watering is also, moderate.
Q. Can You Consume Curry Leaves Every Day?
Ans. Yes, they are not harmful, and you can consume them daily in your foods or extract their juice.
In India’s western, southern and central parts, almost every other house has a curry leaf plant, yet the herb is so underrated. These leaves are flavourful and highly nutritious. They have plenty of health benefits as well. They might taste bitter initially, but once you develop a taste for them, you will love them.
Worrying about postpartum weight loss? Well, now you don’t have to because here is the guide to how to lose weight quickly and get look the way you used to before pregnancy. Fitelo, tells you everything essential that you should take care of, either call them tips or foods to add to your diet.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.