Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Just imagine a life without any disease or health problem, where you don’t even need to go to the doctor. Well, you must be thinking how is this even possible? But it is, and you just need to make a change in your lifestyle, which is making it healthy. This is, however, true, that junk food is tasty and is difficult to say no to, but what about the gas or acidity that you get later and then follow a gastritis diet? So, it is never too late to start anything or start working towards your goal of healthy life. Let us begin.
What Is Gastritis?
Gastritis problem is quite a common problem among people. It is an inflammation, erosion, or irritation of the lining of the stomach. It, however, at the start is acute but can turn into a chronic condition. Or in other words, gastritis is the membrane of the stomach gets disturbed and further, leads to the secretion of acids.
Gastric Problem Causes
However, behind gastric issues, there can be several reasons. Some that are often to be blamed are below.
- Upper Intestinal Gas:
This is known as aerophagia in which you swallow the gas, in the below forms,
- Chewing gums
- Loose dentures
- Drinking through straw
- Eating too fast
2. Lower Intestinal Gas
This is the situation when intestinal bacterias act on the undigested food present in the large intestine and further, gas is excreted out of the body in flatus form. These foods include,
- Starch foods like potatoes, pasta, corn, etc.
- Fatty and spicy foods
- Vegetables include cabbage, beans, onion, asparagus
- Fruits like apples, pears, and peaches
- Being empty stomach for a long time or eating excessive spicy food and drinking alcohol.
- Taking too much stress, tension, and anxiety or disturbance of mental health are also, the major reasons for this problem.
- Also, if you do not chew your food properly even then you can have a gas problem.
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori): This is the bacteria living in the mucous lining of the stomach and if you do not treat it on time, it further, leads to ulcers or stomach cancer.
- Bile reflux: This is another reason for gastritis in which backflow of bole in the stomach from the bile tract.
- Other causes, that you should not ignore are acidity, indigestion, bloating, heartburn, bacterial infection, constipation, etc.
Symptoms Of Gastritis Problem
Feeling gas in the stomach is quite common, and there can be many symptoms for it some most common ones are mentioned for you.
- Nausea or recurrent upset stomach
- Abdominal bloating and pain
- Vomiting or blood vomiting
- Indigestion or stomach pain
- Ulcers or burning in the stomach
- Loss of appetite or black, tarry stools
Diagnosis and Treatment for Gastric Problem
To know any health problem, there are certain tests that have to be done to diagnose the cause and so is for gastritis problems.
- Upper Endoscopy
This test is also, called esophagogastroduodenoscopy or OGD in which your esophagus, small part of the intestine, and stomach are examined. The doctor puts an endoscope which is a thin and flexible tube in your mouth and proceeds through the throat into the food pipe, intestines, and stomach. Further, there is a camera placed at the end of the tube which enables the view of the stomach and intestine thoroughly.
2. Blood Tests
To diagnose other diseases, causes, and symptoms doctors also, do blood tests, However, doctors may recommend Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) to look for the bacterium that usually is the cause of gastric problems.
3. Stool Test Or Fecal Occult Blood Test
A stool culture checks if there are any bacteria present in the digestive tract that may cause gastritis problems.
However, once the cause and the stage are diagnosed, the procedure of treatment starts.
Treatment For Gastritis Involves:
further, treatment includes,
- Antacids and other drugs are prescribed to reduce stomach acid.
- If the gastritis is caused due to bacterial infection or viral, then to reduce heartburn you will be provided with medications.
Gastritis Diet Plan For 7 Days
So, below is the 7 day meal plan for gastritis patients recommended by the expert dietitians of Fitelo. Following, this diet, you will also, get to know the right foods for gastritis and can stay away from any triggers.
On day 1, breakfast for gastritis patients is not very boring as this includes vegetable poha or indori poha which is healthy and flavorful. This diet will not be that boring, trust Fitelo.
So, if you have followed the day 1 diet properly, it is time to do the same for the second day. Who said you can not have stuffed roti during a gas problem, of course, you can, check this out.
South Indian is my favorite of all, and stuffed idli is the first thing that comes to mind, so why not add it to your diet as well?
Call it jeera water or elaichi water, both aid in weight loss and gas problems. So, it is, however, important to add to your diet.
Third last day of the diet, and probably you must be feeling better, but this does not mean you will stop here. Make sure you complete the 7-day course of the whole diet chart. Enjoy palak dal khichdi on day 5!
Vegetable Dalia is a perfect choice to add to your diet, as it helps in weight loss and bloating as well. On this day, you have the same meal, and you can add your choice of vegetables to it.
Surely, you must be okay till now and your gas must have said bye-bye. Today there is an interesting meal for you which has missi roti with curd. Have a happy meal and stay healthy.
Transformation That Improved Gastritis Also
So, here is an amazing transformation, where there was not only weight loss but also, an improvement in her acid or gas problems.
Foods You Should Add To Gastritis Diet
Although you have a diet to follow, this is not enough until you know which foods to eat in your daily life routine if often you suffer from gas.
- Green tea
- Fresh fruits
- Beans and legumes
- Low acid vegetables
- Low salt chees
- Oats and barley
- Probiotic-rich foods
- Foods rich in protein
Foods Not To Add To Gastritis Diet
While suffering from any problem, what is important is to know what is right for you and what is not. Similarly, during gastritis, you should know which foods not to add to your diet.
- acidic foods like tomatoes and some fruits
- carbonated drinks
- fatty foods
- fried foods
- fruit juices
- pickled foods
- spicy foods
Tips To Control Gastric Problems
There is no problem that does not has a solution to it. So, below are the tips mentioned for you, which will help you control gastritis problems.
- Make sure, you drink plenty of water which also, includes lemon and baking soda into it. Drinking a glass of cold milk, buttermilk, and mint juice also helps.
- Also, drinking tea, fennel water, chamomile tea or ginger tea helps solve bloating and prevent gastritis.
- Add whole grain foods, vegetables, and fruits to your diet making your meals healthy.
- Most importantly, avoid junk food, and fried, and substitute your unhealthy meals with healthy ones.
- Moreover, eat proper 8 meals instead of skipping and eating one meal in a big quantity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which Are The Fruits For Gastritis?
Ans. In gastritis, you can eat fruits like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or citrus fruits that will enable the growth of H pylori.
Q. Can You Add Eggs To Gastritis Diet?
Ans. Yes, you can eat eggs while suffering from gas, as it will help repair your damaged stomach.
Q. Is It Ok To Eat Yogurt In Gastritis Diet?
Ans. Yogurt, is, however, one of the vitamin B 12-rich foods, and is also, a good choice to have during gastritis.
Q. Which Liquids Are Best To Add To Gastritis Diet?
Ans. Water, herbal tea, non-dairy milk, low sugar, and low-acid beverages are, however, the best beverages to drink during gastritis problems.
Q. Can You Drink Milk On Gastritis Diet?
Ans. Well, sometimes milk can be a good option to drink to temporary relief stomach pain but usually, it can worsen gastritis symptoms as it can increase the production of acid in the stomach.
How To Fix Metabolism?
During weight loss, metabolism plays quite an important role and if it is weak then it might be difficult for you to lose. So, here is Dietitian Mac who will tell you how to fix your metabolism, watch it.
So, while suffering from gastritis, it becomes painful, and however, you become aware of what, when, and how much to eat. Therefore, following the gastritis diet by Fitelo will help reduce the symptoms. Moreover, if you take care of the foods you should eat and avoid, it will further, prevent the condition from getting worse.
Are you the one who wants your jawline to be visible but there is too much weight on your face? Well, then the wait is over, and here is how to reduce face fat, with Fitelo which will get you the results. You just have to take care of certain tips and do the exercises to get what you want.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.
Is butter OK on the gastritis diet?
You should avoid butter in gastritis die