Table of content
Ice cream is unanimously everyone’s favourite food item. There’s is no doubt about that. Natural ice cream or homemade ice cream is a treasure house of nutrition. Its smooth creamy texture and tender mouthfeel make it stand out from any other dessert. Let us go through some homemade ice cream benefits.
- Ice cream is a rich source of antioxidants.
- It is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals.
- Ice cream boosts your happy hormones.
- It also satisfies sugar cravings without increasing the weight
- Having an ice cream will keep you full for a long.
- Ice cream is a complete meal in itself.
- Moreover, ice cream is easy to digest and its nutrients get quickly absorbed in the body.
- It boosts immune system health.
- Eating ice cream will fulfill pregnancy cravings
- Ice Cream benefits include improvement in bone health.
- Eating Ice Cream helps you recover from post-exercise stress and fatigue.
- The micronutrients present in ice cream help maintain general well-being.
Ice cream is great for health as long as it is Ice cream (bwahahaha). Confused? Let’s clear your confusion once and for all.
What Is The Difference Between Ice Cream And Frozen Dessert?
Do not get confused between ice cream and frozen dessert. Both of them are different. But you need to be careful while buying packed ice cream as most brands sell frozen desserts by the name of “ice cream”, which is both ethically and lawfully wrong. This is why we always ask you to check the ingredient’s label.
We found out that frozen desserts contain so many harmful ingredients!
Real Ice cream is mostly healthy as it is made of real milk and contains real nutrients. It is a complete food in itself. On the other hand, frozen desserts’ main ingredient is palm oil or hydrogenated fats.
They only look like ice cream and are way more dangerous.
The Verdict- Frozen dessert is a concoction of bad fat and bad carbs!
How to know which of these is a type of frozen dessert?
Differentiation between ice cream and frozen dessert is difficult for you? So, let’s make it easy. Check out this video of Dietitian Mac Singh and get to know how to recognize a real ice cream.
Frozen Dessert vs Ice Cream
- Ice cream has less fat and fewer carbs than frozen desserts. A 100 g serving of Frozen dessert contains 10.56 g fat, whereas the same amount of ice cream contains just 5.6 g fat. Carbs in 100 g serving of frozen dessert are 25.28 g!! Whereas in ice cream, it is 12.8 g.
- Ice cream gives a creamy texture and a rich mouthfeel also, as it is dairy-based.
- Ice creams are easy to digest and nutritious energy-giving food. All in all, Ice cream is a complete food in itself.
- As per Indian Food Laws, companies cannot sell/market their frozen desserts named Ice Cream, but many companies still continue to do so.
Whenever you go out to buy something, flip the packaging first of all and check its ingredients label. Now check the first 3 ingredients of the product. These are the ones that are present in most amounts. The ingredients that are mentioned last are present in the least amount.
So, in this case, Frozen dessert contains water in the most amount, followed by sugar, followed by palm oil! Whaaaattttt? Where is milk? Palm oil is more than milk? Yes!
And the amount of sugar- 12 g in just 53 g!
Frozen Dessert’s Ingredient Breakdown
1. Palm Oil- Palm oil is just 1% better than trans fats. It has a lot of saturated fat which will only worsen your heart health. Palm oil is also responsible for high cholesterol levels. Also, increased levels of bad or LDL cholesterol are responsible for clogging the arteries.
Frozen Dessert’s packaging says it contains 10.2% vegetable oil and vegetable protein product!
2. Milk Solids- Frozen desserts do not contain real milk! Moreover, milk solids or Whole milk powder are likely to contain oxidized cholesterol, which may damage blood vessels and promote heart disease. So, it is certainly not healthy and not suitable for regular consumption.
3. Liquid Glucose – The source of sugar is synthetic, like- liquid glucose or inverted sugar syrup.
4. Vegetable Soy Protein
7. Artificial vanilla flavour
8. Synthetic Food Colour- The attractive ice cream like the colour of the frozen dessert is not natural at all. It comes from tartrazine i.e. artificial colouring agent.
So, relish the cup of creamy, nutty, melt-in-the-mouth ice cream and raise your nutrition bar. But make sure you are having it as a meal and not stuffing yourself because, in the end, it will add to your daily calorie intake. Also, thoroughly scan the ingredient label to differentiate whether you are buying frozen dessert or ice cream.
In Which Season Is Ice Cream Popular?
Ice cream is a popular delicacy, especially in the summer. This cool-cool dessert helps to beat the heat.
Why Do People Like Ice Cream?
Ice Cream is one of the earliest desserts which has been relished by our forefathers and now our children too. So with customization, ice cream benefits can be enjoyed by the young and the old alike. It can be made in various flavours like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and mango among others.
How To Make Mango Ice Cream?
How To Make Ice Cream At Home With Milk?
This is how you can make healthy milk ice cream at home.
- 1-liter milk (any level of fat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A cup of chopped nuts
- Firstly, in a mixing bowl, combine the milk, sugar, and vanilla essence bowl halfway with each ingredient.
- Then, stir the ingredients together with a large spoon. Continue to stir until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Lastly, shift the ice cream mix to the mould and place it in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight.
For milk, any fat level will suffice, if either fat-free, 2 percent, or full fat. A thick creamy texture of ice cream, however, is possible only by using full-fat milk.
Yummy Recipes From Our Kitchen
- Bhindi Fry Recipe: Bhindi Ki Sabji For Weight Loss [Crispy And Cruncy]
- Chicken In A Vegetable Skillet For Weight Loss: Instant Recipe
- Apple Fruit Salad For Weight Loss With [Walnut And Cheese]
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.