White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
From grandma’s pitara, here comes yet another ingredient to help you get healthy. Everyone’s favourite, without which taste of any dal and sabji is incomplete. One and only Jeera it is! Not just for tadka, there are numerous ways to use these tiny seeds. What to say about jeera water, it doesn’t need any introduction. It helps lose weight like a charm. Let’s find out how to make jeera water for weight loss, its benefits, and everything about it.
How To Make Jeera Water For Weight Loss?
- Soak a teaspoon of cumin seeds in a cup of water and leave it overnight.
- Next morning, boil the water for 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down, strain it.
- Serve and enjoy the drink.
Tips To Consider While Making Jeera Water For Weight Loss
- If you are in need of quick results you can add jeera powder to water and have it.
- In case, you don’t have overnight-soaked seeds, you can just boil raw seeds and consume water.
- But for the best results, it is always good to use jeera seeds because jeera powder can be adulterated and old and may not give you the exact results you are looking for.
- Also, if you are drinking jeera water at room temperature drink it fresh or while it is warm.
- This Jeera water for weight loss can be taken at any time of the day and it is best when taken in the morning empty stomach.
Health Benefits Of Jeera Water For Weight Loss
It offers numerous health benefits. These are:
1. Excellent For Weight Loss
- Jeera water understands how important weight loss is to you. This is why it offers a helping hand. A tablespoon of jeera contains only 7 calories. Therefore, dietitians always use to recommend this magical drink when you are following a diet plan for weight loss.
- And do you know the best part? All of these provide you with high amounts of nutrients. It doesn’t end at that. Cumin water is a sweetheart when it comes to workouts too.
Protip: Many people tend to work out on an empty stomach and feel nauseated after. Jeera water is here for your rescue. Sipping cumin water before working out takes care of the potential acidity issues and keeps you hydrated and calm for a good workout.
2. Promotes Liver Health
- Ever wondered why dietitians ask you to consume cumin water? Well…this is because it enhances the liver’s natural detoxification pathways and aids in overall detoxification and rejuvenation.
- Another reason is the presence of a compound called thymoquinone. What is that? Thymoquinone is the liver’s best friend and protects it from any harm. So drinking cumin water is like reuniting two best friends- the liver and thymoquinone.
3. Cumin Water Fights Cancer
- Jeera water is rich in antioxidants. But what is that and how does that help? Antioxidants, my friends, are the superheroes of the food world and free radicals which cause cancer are the villains.
- Moreover, they help fight the free radicals generated in the body. Thus, this prevents a number of health conditions like cancer.
4. Keeps Blood Sugar At Level
- Constant skyrocketing and nose-diving of blood sugar levels in diabetics become taxing to the pancreas. This is why the body stops responding to insulin. But what is insulin? The blood sugar-regulating hormone.
- Jeera water along with a good diet and regular exercise helps increase sensitivity to insulin. This lowers blood sugar levels.
5. Keeps You Hydrated
- Jeera water with a pinch of salt keeps your cells well-hydrated and functioning at their peak. Thus, it ensures a faster metabolism which prevents the storage of fat.
6. A Woman’s Best Friend
- Legendary herbal remedy for pregnant women suffering from morning sickness. It reduces pain, bloating, constipation, flatulence, and insomnia during pregnancies. Also known to facilitate childbirth.
- The stress of childbirth and carrying a child increases blood pressure, which can be eased with jeera water.
7. Aids Digestion
- Cumin contains anti-gas chemicals that protect the body against Irritable Bowel Disease. It also helps solve flatulence, belching, and burps in a blink.
Side Effects Of Excessive Consumption Of Jeera Water
Moderation is something we are all looking to achieve. Be it your work, your family, or your friends, everything requires to be balanced in order to live a content life. Similar is the case with food. Deficiency and overconsumption are both harmful. Hence always make sure to strike a balance in this zone as well. While jeera water promises a number of benefits. It is highly imperative to note that these can only be achieved when taken in the right quantities. If consumed in high quantities, jeera water can cause harm too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should not consume jeera water?
You should not consume jeera water if:
1. You are pregnant
- Why? You may wonder?
- Excessive amounts can increase the body heat in the carrying mother which can affect the little baby’s health.
- Hence, always consult your gynecologist before consuming this drink.
2. You have low blood sugar levels
- Jeera water has compounds that rapidly lower blood sugar levels
- This can cause hypoglycemic shock in the body and affect the clotting mechanism which is very harmful.
- Hence, do not consume if you have usually low blood sugar levels.
Is jeera water good for weight loss?
Yes, jeera water is good for people who are looking to lose those extra kilos. Due to its burning belly fat properties, it offers immense health benefits. This little ingredient not only helps you shed kilos but maintains your day-to-day healthy living.
How frequently and when can we consume jeera water for weight loss in a day?
Consuming jeera water on an empty stomach on waking up, is a great way to kick start your day. Why?
As it jump-starts your metabolism and also balances blood sugar levels, along with boosting your hydration. Jeera water can also be consumed before and after meals. This ensures proper digestion and keeps blood sugar levels in check.
Does jeera water help reduce belly fat?
It solves a host of problems like indigestion, insulin resistance, etc. which are major causes of belly fat deposition. Hence, consuming this wonder drink on an empty stomach can help get rid of your capon-lined belly.
There are so many health products promoted by health bloggers, you-tubers, influencers, and gym coaches these days that people are following blindly without knowing any side effects of the same. One such product is Apple Cider Vinegar which becomes very popular among the weight watchers community in the last couple of years. But is it really effective or dangerous for health? Watch this video by dietitian Mac Singh and get to know everything about it.
The answers to a number of health issues lie in the hearts of our kitchen waiting to be embraced. Jeera is a spice that is found in every Indian household, however, has not been used to the full of its ability. Consuming jeera water is a great way to regulate elevated blood sugar levels, fight a number of diseases, lose weight and also protect important organs. Excessive consumption, however, is harmful. Hence, monitor your quantities to yield the best results.
So, your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
All the recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet.