White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Are you bored of eating the same food for lunch? Well, then not anymore because we introduce to you tamarind rice.
Rice, however, doesn’t make you fat but it all depends on how much you eat and what you eat. So, talking about this rice recipe is completely made for losing weight.
Tamarind rice recipe also can be a perfect dish for you to cook for lunch or when you have invited some guests at home.
So, check this recipe out and get ready to add tamarind flavor to your meal.
How To Cook Tamarind Rice?
Below are the four easy steps to cook this amazing dish.
- Firstly, place a pan on medium flame and add olive oil, urad dal, chana dal, and peanuts. Saute them until you see a color change in them.
- Secondly, add curry leaves, dry red chilies, salt, asafoetida, red chili powder, and turmeric powder. Mix all ingredients well.
- Thirdly, add some stevia and tamarind pulp and mix them well until a semi-thick gravy is formed.
- Now add cooked rice to it and cover it with a lid for some time until the rice absorbs the whole flavor.
Just a tip for you: Instead of stevia you can also add a tablespoon of jaggery powder.
Health Benefits Of Tamarind Rice
- Tamarind has several essential anti-oxidants and anti-cancer properties.
- Also, consuming tamarind improves heart health and balances cholesterol levels.
- Tamarind is, moreover rich in magnesium and improves your metabolism.
- Rice has anti-inflammatory properties and is also, gluten-free.
- Rice also, provides your body with energy and fills your stomach aiding weight loss.
- Also, rice has diuretic and digestive qualities.
- Stevia is a natural sugar with zero calories and also, control blood sugar levels.
As you can read that tamarind rice apart from weight loss has other benefits also. So, because of the above benefits, this recipe is a good option to add to your weight loss diet.
Nutritional Value Of Tamarind Rice
The nutritional value of this recipe is as the following: calories: 290 kcal, fiber: 2 g, Protein: 7 g. Keep in mind, that these values can vary with the quantities and ingredients you use.
However, the above values are also, the approximate values of the ingredients used in this recipe.
Other Rice Recipes
Apart from tamarind rice, there are other rice recipes also, that you can try making at home.
However, Fitalo always introduces dishes that are not only delicious and flavourful but also harmless, flavorful, and good for weight loss.
So, check out the below recipes.
For more, you can check out recipes of Fitelo on the website itself.
Weight loss transformation stories are always so interesting to watch, isn’t it? What a person was before and what he/she is now.
But the best part of these transformations is they actually motivate you to get fit and work towards your fitness goal.
So, check the below story of weight loss of Mehak and get inspired.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Tamarind Rice Good For Weight Loss?
Yes, this can be your one whole meal as it is filling and will prevent you from unhealthy snacking.
What Is The Right Time To Eat Tamarind Rice?
You can cook this recipe for lunch.
Is Tamarind Rice Safe For Diabetic People?
Yes, rice for diabetes is not harmful, and this recipe is, therefore, safe to consume.
Contact Us Today
We’re never leaving you hanging with doubts, queries, as well as confusing questions. We understand how all this information gets overwhelming as well as a little confusing on your way to a healthy lifestyle. Hence, you can always contact us at any time as our experts are here to guide you 24/7. Also, we will help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life