Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
It is true that eating a healthy diet every day keeps you fit and away from health complications. But coming to the fact is that diet is worth eating only when you know why you are eating it, which nutrients and vitamins are present in it and how that meal helps you to stay healthy. However, the most commonly heard vitamins are vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin E. But did you know that there are vitamins and food that might be a specific vitamin-rich that is secretly helping you to stay healthy? Yes, and amongst them are vitamin B12-rich foods.
Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin for your body and is equally important and contributes to your health, unlike other nutrients. How to get vitamin B12 naturally might be the next question in your mind. So, read further to get an answer to it.
What Is Vitamin B12?
Well, vitamin B12 is also known as cobalamin and is an important vitamin that your body can not produce. B12 is naturally found in foods, especially in animal products like liver, sardines, trouts, beef, and others. It plays several roles in the body from the normal functioning of nerve cells to the formation of red blood cells. However, let us read about the benefits of B12 and know how important it is for the human body. Also, you will know the best vitamin B12-rich foods to eat.
Vitamin B12 Deficiency Symptoms
B12 deficiency symptoms include problems like:
- Loss of appetite
- Diarrhea and gas
- Muscle weakness
- Problems in walking
- Vision loss
- Memory loss
- Behavioral changes
How Much Vitamin B 12 Should You Take?
Go through the following table to know the right amount of intake of B12 dosage.
Vitamin B12 Benefits
Below are the scientifically proven benefits of vitamin B12.
- Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin for the body as it helps contributes to the formation of red blood cells.
- It is also, important for women who are pregnant and prevents the defects of the brain and spinal cord during the birth of the babies.
- A balanced level of B12 helps prevent the development of age-related macular degeneration and reduces homocysteine levels in the blood.
- Moreover, B12 is good for bones to keep healthy and helps prevent osteoporosis and its factors.
- Also, it helps in regulating the mood as it produces serotonin. It also improves the mood of people with this deficiency.
- B12 prevents memory loss and leads to a healthy brain. It also prevents brain atrophy.
- It provides and produces energy in your body helping you stay active for the whole day.
- Also, this vitamin B12 for hair is one of the best benefits of this vitamin as it makes them healthy and prevents hair loss. Also, they are good for healthy skin and nails.
- Vitamin B12 reduces heart disease risk by decreasing blood homocysteine.
Vitamin B12 Rich Foods – Vegetarian Indian
The best vitamin B12 rich foods for vegetarians include mushrooms, beetroot, butter squash, potato, etc. Let’s go through their benefits:
Mushrooms are among the best vitamin B12 rich foods when it comes to vegetables.
- Mushrooms have antioxidants that reduce the risk of hypertension and other metabolic disorders.
- Also, they boost the immune system as they consist of anti-inflammatory properties.
- Moreover, being rich in potassium, they help lower blood pressure.
- Mushrooms are a good source of vitamin D that helps strengthen bones and immune health.
2. Beet Root
Whether the juice or eating raw, beetroot has several benefits to offer.
- Beetroot is rich in folates that further help in the growth of cells and their functioning.
- Also, being rich in nitrates it makes the blood vessels relax and widen lowering the blood pressure.
- Moreover, beetroot is high in fiber and promotes good gut bacteria.
- Apart from B12, beetroot is also rich in potassium which is good for a healthy heart.
3. Butter Squash
This vegetable is one of the best vitamin B12 rich foods and is very healthy.
- Butter squash keeps you hydrated and improves the immune system as well.
- It has lutein and zeaxanthin which keeps your eyes healthy and improves vision.
- Being a good source of fiber, it helps manage weight and lowers the risk of cancer.
- Also, it contains a good amount of B12 and potassium which lowers the risk of heart diseases like strokes.
Well, potatoes don,t make you fat when consumed in the right quantity.
- Potatoes are rich in fiber keep the digestive system healthy and prevent the problem of gas.
- Also, they are packed with antioxidants which fight the free radicals from damaging the cells in your body.
- Being rich in potassium, they help in lowering blood pressure.
- Moreover, potatoes aid in weight loss as they are high in fiber and so they keep you full for a longer period.
Vitamin B12 Rich Foods – Non-Vegetarian
We have enlisted the best options for vegetarians below. Let’s have a look.
1. Animal Liver And Kidney
(3.5 Ounce/100 grams (liver) – 3,572 DV/3,000%)
- The liver is one of the most nutrient-dense foods. It is rich in protein, vitamins minerals, and all other essential nutrients. Moreover, it is low in calories.
- They are rich in vitamin A but in the form of retinol which is the active form.
- Vitamin D is quite high in animal liver and kidneys which are usually difficult to find in foods.
- It is a good source of B vitamins like folate, choline, and B12 which are essential for metabolism and several functions in the body.
(3.5-ounce/100 grams – 99 mcg/4,120% DV)
- Clams are rich in zinc and selenium which are important for men’s fertility and also help sperm motility making them one of the best vitamin B12 rich foods.
- Also, clams consist of collagen which is an essential protein for the human body and helps in maintaining your skin, joints, membranes, and other cells.
- Moreover, clams are rich in B12 which further helps improve memory and slows down aging.
- Clams also provide your body with iron and help regulate blood pressure.
(3.5-ounce/100 grams – 5.9 mcg/245% DV)
- Beef helps build your muscles as it is very high in protein.
- Also, it is high in minerals and prevents iron deficiency anemia.
- Beef contains carnosine is quite affordable.
- Moreover, it is full of vitamins and contains natural creatine.
4. Fortified Cereals
(59 grams – 62% )
- Fortified cereals are the best vitamin B12 rich foods as they reduce the risk of nutrient deficiencies and birth defects.
- Also, as they are high in nutrients, they provide energy to the body, making you feel active the whole day.
- Being rich in fiber, it improves the all-over functioning of the body and prevents heart diseases.
- Cereals are rich in calcium and vitamin D both of which are essential for healthy bones.
(178 grams – 200% DV)
Salmon is silver side fish and has many benefits to offer to your body.
- Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure, and decrease the risk of disease.
- Moreover, salmon is a good source of B vitamins which helps the body to produce energy, control inflammation, and protect heart health.
- Also, being rich in B12 and potassium it manages blood pressure and prevents excess fluid retention.
- Salmon also, contains selenium which further improves thyroid function and protects against certain types of cancer, making it one of the excellent vitamin B12 rich foods.
(3.5 Ounce/100 grams – 7.5 mcg/312% DV)
Trouts are the fishes in freshwater usually found in rivers and lakes.
- Trout is a good source of protein that is essential for the normal functioning of the body, blood, skin, hair, and cartilage.
- Also, it contains omega-3 fatty acids and B vitamins that help in healthy aging.
- Moreover, it is rich in potassium which enhances muscle strength, metabolism, and nerve function.
- Trouts are also rich in the B-vitamin complex, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and pantothenic acid which play a major role in cell metabolism.
7. Milk And Dairy Products
(240 ml Milk – 46 % DV)
- Dairy products keep muscles, nerves, teeth, bones, teeth, and vision healthy.
- Also, it helps release the energy from foods and further reduces tiredness and fatigue,
- It improves the functioning of the immune system and promotes brain development.
- Milk and dairy products are rich in B12, support gut health, and lead to improved digestive health.
(150 grams – 554% DV)
- Sardines are rich in protein and reduce inflammation and the risk of heart disease.
- They are rich in vitamins and minerals like vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium, and selenium.
- Sardines provide various vitamins and minerals like vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium, and selenium.
- Most importantly, it protects bone health and teeth. Also, it helps reduce depression and anxiety.
(100 grams – 1.1 mcg/46% DV)
Whole eggs are not bad to eat, read the following benefits to know why.
- Eggs are rich in nutrients like vitamins A, B5, B12, D, E, K, B6, Folate, Phosphorus, Selenium, Calcium, and zinc.
- Eating eggs leads to elevated levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), which is good cholesterol.
- Moreover, whole eggs contain large amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin that helps improve vision and reduce the risk of cataracts.
- Eggs reduce lipid fat in the body which is triglycerides due to the presence of omega-3.
So, coming to an end, muscle growth is not difficult. It can, however, be a challenge but this challenge also, now Fitelo makes it easy for you by telling you what to add to your diet and what not to. Also, the best dietitians have recommended the diet that you can follow to see the desired results. It is therefore important to follow mentioned dos and don’ts as it will help you in your weight gain journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which Are The Vitamin B12 Rich Foods Among Dry Fruits?
Ans. Well, the best dry fruits to eat for vitamin B12 are almonds and crunchy peanuts.
Q. What Happens When You Have Vitamin B12 Deficiency?
Ans. With the lack of RBCs, the tissues and organs of your body fail to get enough oxygen which does not let the body work properly. Hence, it is essential to consult a dietitian to know about the foods that you should start including in your diet to increase vitamin B12.
Q. Which Are The Vitamin B12 Rich Foods Among Fruits?
Ans. Apple, orange, blueberries, and bananas are vitamin B12 rich fruits to add to your diet.
Q. Does Vitamin B12 Rich Foods Promote Weight Gain?
Ans. Well, not really. But its deficiency can lead to low energy levels and lead to fatigue.
Q. Does Vitamin B12 Rich Foods Promote Hair Growth?
Ans. Yes, B12 promotes hair growth, as it forms the red blood cells However, 3 mcg per day is enough intake of B12 for growing hair.
Which Fruits Are Among Vitamin B12 Rich Foods?
Ans. The fruits high in vitamin B12 could, however, be bananas, oranges, blueberries, and apples.
Palak paneer, pala kofta, palak paratha, or palak sabji, bored of eating them all? well, then Fitelo is here to bring back your taste and make you cheerful with its new recipe of palak chaat. It is healthy, aids in weight loss have nutrients and fiber, and most importantly, is just mouth-watering. So, make your day chat-pata by eating this delicious snack and let your family and friends also relish it.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.