Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Now is the time to stop wishing and start working on it, so, let the gains begin. It is, however, not just about spending hours in the gym, carrying weights, and stressing your body just to grow muscles. By doing this, you can, therefore, harm your body or hurt yourself. So, what matters the most in every journey, whether weight loss, muscle gain, or weight gain is the right knowledge. While talking about gaining muscle, what matters the most is a proper diet chart for muscle gain and the right foods that you should eat. So, let us know more about it by reading further.
What Is Muscle Mass?
Muscles are soft tissue in the body that contract and expand to generate a force that is used in almost every movement in your daily routine. Medically, it is 3 types which are cardiac and smooth muscles found in the heart while skeletal are internal organs respectively. Now, skeletal muscle tissue attaches to bones with tendons which further generates the power and motion to create all movements which are called, “building muscle” or “lean muscle.”
Why Muscle Gain Is Important?
There are people who want to gain muscle only for their happiness and for looks. But actually, gaining muscles is of many benefits to the body. Now to these benefits, read the below points.
1. Maintains Blood Sugar
Know how muscle gain can help you balance your blood sugar levels.
- Gaining muscle, however, helps fix the blood sugar levels as while gaining muscle you eat carbs which play an important role in your body.
- Therefore, if you also do not exercise regularly you ultimately lose the ability to store carbs, further, increasing your sugar level.
- Also, you will have good storage space for glucose, if you have more muscles.
2. Builds Strength And Stamina
Strength and stamina both are important for a whole lifetime to stay healthy and fit.
- You gain strength during weight-training programs without much muscle tissue increase.
- Also, your nervous and muscular systems tend to improve.
- Moreover, your strength and stamina increase with the help of the growth of new muscle fibers which further, helps you start to build more muscle.
3. Supports Joints
Some do not work out as they get pain in their joints, and some have pain in their joints as they do not work out. So, try to work out in a way that does not worsen joint pain.
- So, people with arthritis can improve it by increasing lean body mass.
- Also, people with joint pain can work out as there are plenty of areas that you can work on.
- Moreover, muscle helps protect your joints from slipping on ice and crashing and getting hurt.
- Muscle building also helps repair other tissue and reduce some of the pain you feel.
4. Build Bones
Muscle gaining, also, helps in building your bones and keeping them healthy.
- While, muscle gaining your muscle mass and bone density also, gets stimulated.
- This, further, makes your body use amino acids and other nutrients like protein, calcium, magnesium, and vitamins D and K helping in building bone.
- Moreover, if you lose your muscle, you will also lose bone density.
5. Controls Body Fat
Yes, if you gain muscle, then you will have controlled body fat also.
- Muscle burns three times as many calories per pound as body fat does.
- If there is an addition of muscle then there will be a drop in your body fat.
How To Build And Maintain Muscle Mass
- When your muscles are placed under intense strain of exercise the muscle tissue is built as the strain causes microscopic tears in muscle fibers then repairing them and adding new fibers. Further, increasing the size and density of your entire muscle.
- Musically, you do not have to spend hours in the gym but you just need 20 minutes to receive the health benefits medically.
- Moreover, according to The CDC two strength training sessions per week, along with aerobic exercise also, raises the heart rate.
- Also, instead of exercising with barbells and dumbbells, it is important to choose your form of favorite exercise to promote muscle growth.
- You can therefore engage in basic exercises like push-ups, pull-ups, squats, and other movements that are done with little equipment.
The Role Of Diet In Maintaining Muscle Mass
Along with workouts, diet also plays an important role in muscle gaining. However, what matters the most is the intake of protein as it is an essential nutrient and has a direct correlation with your body’s ability to build muscle and create healthy muscle tissue.
Diet Chart For Muscle Gain
Below is the gym diet for muscle gain, which will surely show you desired results.
Whole eggs omlette, green beans, tomatoes with guava chutney
Chatpata guava chaat
Anar raita with 1 tsp of seeds mixture
Chicken tikka – 150 gm
1 Sugar free biotin laddu with green tea
1 bowl rajma with cucumber salad
Nutrients To Add In Diet Chart For Muscle Gain
A diet chart for muscle gain is incomplete without these nutrients. Yes, below are certain nutrients that you must include in your diet if you want to gain muscle.
1. B 12
Vitamin B 12 rich foods help create red blood cells, which further, carry oxygen to muscle, and help metabolize protein and fats which are used in muscle repairing and building.
This is a mineral that is essential during an intense workout. Also, it helps in repairing muscle tissue, especially when the body has gone through stress during high-intensity exercise.
3. Vitamin D
Vitamin D is essential for strong bones and also critical for strong glutes, biceps, and everything in between. Moreover, it leads to healthy hormones like testosterone, which further, helps with muscle maintenance and growth.
Potassium carries nutrients and water to muscles and is also a key electrolyte in muscle contraction.
Carbohydrates help support muscle repair and growth and so are also called building blocks of muscles. Moreover, they help fuel workouts and rebuild muscles more effectively.
Calcium is, however, responsible for triggering muscle contraction. Also, it helps keep the bones healthy and prevent osteoporosis.
Iron brings oxygen to muscle tissue and regulates metabolism promoting a healthy immune system. Hence, it is important to add iron rich foods to the diet chart for muscle gain.
Beta-alanine helps get rid of muscle cramps that occur after an intense workout. Also, it helps produce carnosine which further balances the pH in muscles and fights against lactic acid.
Magnesium is one of the destressing minerals and is also essential for muscle relaxation and preventing cramps. Therefore, magnesium-rich foods should be a part of the diet for muscle gain.
Protein is the most essential nutrient for muscle growth and repair as it has amino acids. Also, eating protein after post-workout helps you restore muscle-building macronutrients and rebuild lean body mass.
How To Fix Metabolism
Metabolism plays an important role during every journey, whether weight gain or weight loss. Here is, Dietitian Mac to tell you how to repair and increase your metabolism in case you are suffering from a bad or broken metabolism.
Food Items You Can Consume
The best diet for muscle gain is the diet that has the following food items.
- Cereals: brown rice, oatmeal, cracked wheat, quinoa.
- Pulses: chickpeas, kidney beans, moong dal, masoor dal, soybeans.
- Vegetables: broccoli, kale, spinach, lettuce, beetroot, potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, beans, etc.
- Fruits: avocado, banana, pears, grape, watermelon, oranges, apple.
- Dairy products: skim milk, paneer, cottage cheese, yogurt.
- Non-Veg: lean meat, chicken breast, tuna, salmon, tilapia, swordfish
Foods To Avoid During Muscle Gain
- All-purpose flour
- Ice Cream
- Cured Ham
- Processed cheese
- Artificial sweeteners
Do’s And Don’ts
During the journey of muscle gain, it is important to know the dos and don’ts. So, below are some of them that you should follow.
|High Protein Diet||Fatty foods|
|Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables||Rely on Protein Supplements|
|Eat Starchy Carbs||Take a hormone supplement|
|Take proper pre and post-workout nutrition||Drink Alcohol|
So, coming to an end, muscle growth is not difficult. It can, however, be a challenge but this challenge also, now Fitelo makes it easy for you by telling you what to add to your diet and what not to. Also, the best dietitians have recommended the diet that you can follow to see the desired results. It is therefore important to follow mentioned dos and don’ts as it will help you in your weight gain journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is It Safe To Follow A Diet Chart For Muscle Gain?
Ans. If the diet is given by an expert dietitian then it is safe to follow. However, it is important to have proper knowledge of this.
Q. Which Is The Most Important Nutrient In The Diet Chart For Muscle Gain?
Ans. Well, the most important nutrient during muscle gain is protein.
Q. Should Fat Be Included In Diet Chart For Muscle Gain?
Ans. Fat is an important part of the diet if you are on muscle-gaining training. But the fat you intake should be good like monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.