White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
I understand most of us are lazy or busy with work schedules to hit the gym and follow hardcore exercise regularly for weight loss. Instead, taking a diet for a weight loss journey is common but are you fascinated to take a liquid diet for weight loss? Wait! Is weight loss even possible with a liquid diet?
If you want to lose weight quickly, get rid of bloating, and alleviate digestive issues, is it best to stick to liquid foods? Is there any health complication in taking a liquid diet?
You must have a lot of questions, right? Don’t worry I have written this detailed article to address all of your concerns. A liquid diet might be just what you need if you’re seeking a quick and efficient way to lose weight, detoxify your body, and boost your metabolism.
What Is Liquid Diet For Weight Loss Mean?
- Foods that partially or totally melt into liquid at normal temperature are regarded as liquids. As you can assume from the name a liquid diet replaces all of your meals with juices, soups, smoothies, or shake.
- The idea behind a liquid diet is to enjoy drinking your meal with very few calories instead of chewing it.
- They are packed with few calories and almost no fat which can be easily digested. They completely detox your digestive system. You can either go on a total liquid diet or substitute one or two of your daily meals with liquid foods.
Is Liquid Diet Good For Weight Loss?
- When you burnout more calories than you intake, you lose weight. By lowering the number of calories in your meal, liquid diets capitalize on this formula. Many liquid diets start out with just 400 to 800 calories per day.
- To cut back on calories and fat while promoting weight loss, high-protein drinks can be used in place of meals. Expect to lose one to two kilos per week when you lower your caloric intake and eliminate the temptation to eat.
- Doctors frequently advise patients to follow liquid diet plans during a test, treatments, and surgeries that don’t necessitate having food in their stomach or intestines, such as colonoscopies.
- Additionally, it could be advised as a temporary diet if you encounter certain digestive problems, such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, or if you have recently undergone a specific type of surgery.
Types Of Liquid Diet
Yes! You read it right. There are four types of liquid diets for weight loss.
1. Full Liquid Diet
- A full-liquid diet contains fluid food items or foods that become liquid at room temperature. this kind of diet enables your body to recover from surgery.
- These foods provide your digestive system with a break because they are low in fiber and protein. To consume enough calories and nutrients while following a full liquid diet, you might need to eat more than the recommended three meals per day.
- You can include juices from fruits and vegetables (avoid the pulp), stained soups, full-fat dairy products like butter or whole milk, sour cream, high-calorie supplement drinks, smoothies, and even desserts like ice cream and pudding.
2. Clear Liquid Diet
- The only foods allowed on the clear liquid diet are liquids. These consist of pure gelatin, water, broth, and certain liquids without pulp. Liquids that are transparent are considered to be clear liquids, even if they are colored.
- The objective of a clear liquid diet is to keep you hydrated while also giving you enough vitamins and minerals for energy.
- Further, water, clear broth, nutritious drinks, clear soups, honey, coffee/tea without milk or cream, juices without pulp, lemonade without pulp, plain gelatin, and strained tomato or vegetable juice are all acceptable foods on a clear liquid diet.
3. Meal Replacement Liquid Diet
- On a meal replacement liquid diet, you’ll swap your regular meals out for nourishing drinks and soups. It is widely accepted as a successful weight-loss strategy. Your body will get all the nutrients it needs for healthy functioning working efficiently toward losing weight with a balanced diet.
- These diets include ready-to-drink shakes, powdered mixes that need to be combined at home, and recipes that you can make at home from scratch using fresh ingredients while replacing your meals with lower-calorie options, making it easier for you to keep track of how many calories you’re consuming.
4. Detox Liquid Diet
- The detox liquid diet will clear the body of toxic poisons and detoxify your blood. Various other health conditions, such as obesity, digestive disorders, autoimmune illnesses, inflammation, allergies, bloating, and chronic fatigue are also said to be helped by these diets.
- However, this diet is extremely deficient in energy, protein, important fats, and some vitamins and minerals, making it dangerous to stick to for an extended period of time.
- Liquid foods you can take are amla juice, jeera water, coconut water, tea, lemonade, fresh juice, or porridge.
Health Benefits Of Liquid Diet
A liquid diet is preferred by many dieters because they allow time savings, boost metabolic rate, cleanses the body, and assists the digestive system, all of which contribute to weight loss and improved general health. The following are some benefits liquid diets may help people lose weight.
1. Low in Calories
Liquid diets are low in calories since they are primarily composed of transparent, watery liquids. When you eat fewer calories, your body will start using fat or glycogen reserves as a fuel source. Consequently, weight reduction might follow.
2. Boost Hydration
Clear liquids can help hydrate the body and prevent dehydration since they include calories, electrolytes, and water that keeps your body and skin hydrated.
3. Enhance Metabolism
When your body is deprived of calories, it will slow down its metabolism in order to conserve energy, which is usually not a healthy thing. However, doing so can help your body to function more effectively on fewer calories thereby boosting your body metabolism. It also provides some rest for the digestive system and aids in keeping the body’s electrolyte balance.
On the liquid diet, your entire organs undergo a cleansing process. More liquids help flush out toxins that have been held in the colon and digestive systems as well as the kidneys and bladder. It improves all the internal organs to function effectively.
5. Simple To Follow
Just like with other diets you don’t need to be a chef or spend hours online researching recipes to create a plan or order unhealthy foods or skip meals. In short, all you need to do is combine the ingredients in the blender, and your diet meal is ready.
How Long Can You Stay On A Liquid diet?
- Whatever foods you choose for your liquid diet, won’t be as nutrient-dense as your normal meals. You can follow a liquid diet for one day to detox your body, but you shouldn’t go beyond that without a doctor’s advice.
- Adopting a liquid diet for an extended period of time might make you feel weak, deprive your body of necessary micronutrients, and worsen your health. A liquid diet should not be consumed by youngsters, elderly people, or pregnant women.
Best Detox Liquid Diet Chart For Weight Loss
If you’re willing to try a 7-day liquid weight plan for a weight loss challenge, you might want to think about following the diet plan. We have given a detailed one-week liquid detox diet for weight loss below.
Are you ready to take on the challenge?
Liquid Diet For Weight Loss
You can start your day 1 with a glass of jeera water, it’s not a full liquid diet, so you can have bran roti with boiled dal with sabji. Split the meal into 8 small meals as given below. Keep your hunger at stay throughout the day with a red smoothie, lassi, coconut water, or fruit salad.
Keep going, you can do it. It’s day 2, start with Amla juice and keep taking the other foods mentioned below in short intervals. Don’t try to skip your meal. Have you tried the oats in milk recipe for your breakfast?
Am sure you are rocking, you’re on day 3, with just a few more days to go. Who doesn’t love to have ghiya ki sabji with roti along with a mango milkshake, fruit salad, etc? I hope we have given you yummy weight-loss liquids.
Can you believe, you are on day 4? You can either start your day with moong dal khichdi for breakfast and move on with other foods recommended like banana apple porridge or fruits. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated with coconut water, fresh fruit juice, and mint & basil lemonade as mentioned below.
Excited! You are on day 5, just two more days to go. This liquid detox diet for weight loss is surely going to cut on that extra calories, you will definitely see a difference. Take all these meals in intervals and stay full. The Papaya curd smoothie is my favorite, you should definitely try it.
You are on day 6, one step close to completing your 7 days liquid diet plan. And today you got to have boiled dal and sabji with salad, fruit salads, lemonade, and much more. Stay strong stay motivated. Fruits for weight loss are a great choice.
I know you are strong, or you could not have reached up here to complete your last day on a healthy and best-liquid diet for weight loss. Did you try the fruit custard recipe? Am super excited to know about your weight loss journey and the results, do comment below.
Foods To Include When On Liquid Diet For Weight Loss
In order to achieve your weight loss goals with a liquid diet, it’s crucial to know which foods to eat and which to stay away from. There are many weight loss drinks to include in your diet plan.
- Honey or Syrup
- Soup Broth
- Flavored Water
- Fresh juices
- Soy milk
Foods To Avoid When On Liquid Diet For Weight Loss
- Fruit Juice With Pulp
- Creamy Soups
- Fried foods
- Baked Goods
- Frozen Desserts
Side- Effects Of Liquid Diet For Weight Loss
Following a liquid diet raises a few safety issues that should be taken into account.
- Liquid diet plans for weight loss lack balanced nutrients like vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbs, and fats that you require which can have negative side effects like fatigue, drowsiness, hair loss, gallstones, and heart problems.
- Constipation is a possibility when following a liquid diet because the majority of liquids are low in fiber.
- Muscular mass loss is another negative side effect of the liquid diet. Your body begins to lose lean muscle mass if you consume liquids for a long time, which could be harmful to your health.
- You won’t get many calories or nutrients on a liquid diet, which will make you feel exhausted most of the time. Also, it becomes quite challenging to go to the gym or engage in your favorite outdoor activities.
Diet Vs Exercise For Weight Loss
As you know, your calorie intake must be lower than the calories you burn in order to lose weight. What actually helps in your weight loss journey? Diet or exercise? Watch the video if you need clarity!
Fat To Fit Transformation Of Jasmeen
With irregular periods, bloating and hyperacidity Jasmeen was finding it hard to lose weight. She was really stressed out when she reached us for weight loss assistance. See her amazing transformation by Fitelo.
A Word From Fitelo
Regardless of age, who doesn’t wish to lose weight, whether it be for wellness, fitness, or appearance? When carefully planned and followed, a liquid diet can work wonders for your weight loss objectives and general health.
However, due to the health risks involved, not everyone should attempt it for a longer period of time. Most importantly, we advise against starting a liquid diet if you have any pre-existing medical conditions and do not have a doctor’s prescription.
Everyone thinks honey is healthy, especially when we have sweet carving. But do you know that store-bought honey is just sugar syrups and dangerous for your health? Click here to learn more about the health concerns of using honey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How Much Weight Can Be Lost With a Liquid Diet?
Ans: The weight loss journey is unique for each person. But you can expect to lose between 1 and 2 kg per week. Most liquid diets have a caloric range of 400 to 800, which completely forbids the ingestion of fat. It causes weight loss that is noticeable.
Q: What Are The Main Principles Of A 3 Day Detox Diet Plan For Indians?
Ans: The main principles of a 3-day detox diet plan for Indians include eliminating processed and junk foods, consuming primarily whole, plant-based foods, staying hydrated with plenty of water and herbal teas, and avoiding alcohol and caffeine. The focus is on nutrient-dense, antioxidant-rich foods that support the body’s natural detoxification processes.
Q. What Occurs If You Consume Nothing But Liquids For A Week?
Ans: Water fasting carries a lot of risks and dangers, despite the fact that it might offer certain health advantages. Water fasting may increase your risk of dehydration, blood pressure fluctuations, muscle loss, and other medical issues.
Q. What Happens If You Follow A Month Long Liquid Diet?
Ans: If you follow a liquid diet for a month, you cannot provide your body with the necessary nutrition. Several studies have shown that a liquid diet might make you feel hungry and unsatisfied. Additionally, it may make you more susceptible to symptoms of malnutrition, such as weakness, constipation, heart issues, brittle nails, and colds.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.