Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Who says stop eating to lose weight? Well, what is important is whatever you are eating, eat right. There are vegetables that you might avoid and make faces after hearing their names in your daily life routine.
But as a fact, these vegetables are the ones that will give your body several health benefits and aid in weight loss.
However, a diet rich in vegetables is necessary for everything from hair and bone health to immunity. There are many best vegetables for weight loss, that you might not be aware of. So we have made it easy for you to know about them so that you start adding them to your diet. Let us read further.
Are Vegetables Good For Weight Loss?
Well, eating healthy, clean, and nutrient-rich food fills your body with energy, antioxidants, and nutrients. However, when it comes to eating for weight loss, people often find it difficult how to plan what to eat. Also, it might be difficult to lose weight if you are not consuming the correct types of meals. For that same reason, our expert nutritionists curate this list for your ease regarding the diet vegetables for weight loss that you can add to your daily meals. Therefore, we made this go-to guide for the best vegetables for weight loss you can stack your plate with. Keep Scrolling!
Reading the following benefits will tell you why vegetables are important for weight loss.
- Eating a wide variety of vegetables helps you soak up the desired amount of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to keep you healthy.
- Vegetables make your diet less complicated and above all, they create the balance required to make your body feel fuller for longer.
- When you eat fruits and vegetables on a regular basis, you consume vitamins and minerals that help your body work properly.
- Supports your immune system and maintains your optimal gut health for a stronger metabolism.
Best Vegetables For Weight Loss
Following are the vegetables for weight loss that you can add to your daily meals.
Spinach is a nutritional powerhouse undoubtedly and it comes with a lot of other benefits also.
- Spinach is a superfood that is rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium, and folate.
- Also, spinach is low in carbs but high in insoluble fiber that benefits your digestion.
- Moreover, it is a nutrient-rich vegetable packed with carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron, and calcium.
- However, it also helps reduce oxidative stress, promote eye health, fight cancer, and regulate blood pressure.
- Besides making juice out of it, you can prepare soup, diet kebab, and salad in the best way for a healthy diet. For instance, check out our chana dal palak recipe and say goodbye to your diet worries.
Most commonly known as Gobhi, it is one of the most sustainable veggies out there.
- Cauliflower is a great source of vitamins and minerals, that your body requires.
- It has a good amount of fiber that is beneficial for digestive health and also, reduces the risk of several chronic diseases.
- Moreover, being rich in antioxidants helps reduce inflammation.
- Cauliflower is low in calories but high in fiber and water that further, aiding in weight loss.
- This vegetable is rich in choline which is an important nutrient and helps prevents several diseases
3. Ghiya (Lauki)
Ghiya whether round or oval has equal healthy benefits.
- Ghiya is an extremely low-calorie vegetable and is good to add to your diet as it helps in weight loss.
- It aids in the relief of indigestion and constipation issues owing to its water retention properties.
- Moreover, the fiber content of ghiya slows down the pace at which sugar is absorbed, making it the best vegetable for weight loss.
- It is rich in fiber and antioxidants that further protect your body from diseases and promotes your health.
- It also promotes digestive health and helps you maintain a healthy weight.
- Owing to its versatile properties, it can be prepared as halwa, thepla, paratha, kheer, and soup for weight loss. For instance, we deliver to you Ghiya Kheer to relish your taste buds.
Talking about the best vegetable, for weight loss, then mushrooms are surely the one. It is, however, an all-rounder when it comes to health benefits.
- Mushrooms have a subtle, earthy aroma and besides adding taste to meals, they also provide more nourishment than you might expect.
- Moreover, it provides an unexpected protein contribution to your meal content and makes it dense for your digestion.
- Being rich in vitamin B, riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid it helps protect heart health.
- Mushroom has Beta-glucan which is a soluble dietary fiber that further improves that’s cholesterol and boosts the health of the heart.
- Being rich in antioxidants, they also help protect the body from heart diseases and cancer by damaging free radicals that can cause these conditions.
Time to make your meal full of colours with red, yellow, and green bell peppers/capsicums.
- Capsicums are composed of water and carbs most of which are glucose and fructose. They also have a decent source of fiber.
- They are very rich in vitamins like C, K1, E, A, folate, and potassium
- Moreover, capsicums contain healthy antioxidants, like capsanthin, violaxanthin, lutein, quercetin, and luteolin which are all associated with health benefits.
- However, eating them also improves your eye health and reduces the risk of anaemia.
- Being low in fat, capsicums increase triglycerides increasing your metabolism and helping you lose fat.
From eating a carrot to drinking juice, this vegetable is full of health benefits.
- Carrot is rich in vitamins A, C, and K and contains carotenoids which are plant compounds acting as antioxidants.
- They are good for eye health and protect against AMD due to the presence of beta carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
- Also, being rich in B6, and C, carrots help strengthen your immune system.
- Moreover, carrots are the best vegetable for weight loss as they are low in calories and keep you full for a longer period of time.
- The high fiber content in carrots helps with digestion and stimulates the functioning of bowel movements.
However, you can also try the yummy recipe of carrot kheer by Dietitian Mac and enjoy its benefits in a sweet form.
Lunch and dinner without onions are tasteless. But apart from adding taste onions also add benefits.
- Onions are low in calories, probably this is because it is the best vegetable for weight loss. Apart from this, they are high in nutrients, vitamin C, B, and potassium.
- Consuming onions also help reduce the factors of heart disease, high blood pressure, and inflammation.
- Being rich in a plant pigment called anthocyanins, protects you from certain cancers and diabetes
- Moreover, onions also help lower high blood sugar and improve bone mineral density.
- Onions also boost the digestive health, and immune system and improve the bacterial balance in your gut.
8. Sweet Potato
This vegetable is sweet and full of benefits.
- Sweet potatoes protect your body from the damage of free radicals and chronic diseases as they are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Consumption of them also contributes to a healthy gut by increasing the growth of good gut bacteria.
- As they contain anthocyanins and other antioxidants, they further, protect you from certain cancers.
- Moreover, being rich in beta-carotene and anthocyanins, antioxidants, they improve eye health and protect your eyes from loss of vision.
- Sweet potatoes also reduce inflammation and prevent mental decline. This further, helps in the improvement of brain health.
Vegetable Weight Loss Upma
Upma is a healthy meal to have, but adding vegetables to it, will make it healthier. Dietitian Mac has an amazing recipe for upma that will definitely make you lose kilos.
Can You Lose Weight By Eating Vegetables?
Yes, you can definitely lose weight only by eating vegetables but with a proper diet plan. The best vegetables for weight loss are, however, mentioned above. But make sure your meal has sufficient calories, protein, and fat.
Which Vegetable Burns The Fat Fast?
The best vegetable to burn fat fast are mushrooms, spinach, ghiya, and others mentioned above. You can consume them by adding them to your meal.
Yummy Recipes from our Kitchen
- Bhindi Fry recipe for weight loss
- Apple fruit salad for weight loss with walnut and cheese
- Homestyle carrot kheer
Taking an advantage of green tea by drinking it every time after eating unhealthy thinking you will lose weight, is not really true. There are several benefits of green tea, that you will see only if you drink it with a proper diet or may be under the guidance of your dietitian. So, first set up a routine and know when to have it.
So as per the discussion, it is time to start adding vegetables to your diet and make your food look colourful. As more the food is colourful, the more it is healthy. Although there are no bad vegetables, the above-mentioned ones by Fitelo are surely the best to add to your diet. They have a number of benefits to offer to your body and keep you healthy. Especially, for the people on their weight loss journey, for them, it is very important to eat green.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.