White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Who doesn’t want to look beautiful or handsome in the clothes they wear or stand out from the crowd? Well, surely everybody wants to. Nowadays, people have become diet conscious and have, therefore, started eating low calorie food all by themselves to maintain their weight or lose weight.
Yes, you are going in a direction, but are you sure that the foods you are eating are actually less in calories? It is, however, important to know the right foods to add to your diet so that your efforts don’t go waste and you don’t get to question yourself ever. So, now is the time to stop wishing and start doing. Below is the list of the foods best to add to your diet.
Why Low Calorie Food?
Well, to begin with, low calorie food is the food that gives you weight loss and provides your body with essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals all of which are required by the body. Moreover, these foods under this category are easily available on the market and convenient to add to the diet. However, you should know how, when and how much to consume them and you are then all set toward your goal. Let us read which foods the below list has.
Low Calorie Food For Weight Loss
Yes, several foods are low in calories but the below list of low calorie fruits and vegetables are the best to eat when on a weight loss journey.
Although water is a drink, it is considered one of the best zero-calorie foods.
|100 g||0 Kcal|
- Maintains the balance of body fluids improving digestion, absorption, and circulation, and also maintaining body temperature.
- Water also aids in weight loss, as it helps cut down extra calories in the body.
- It also keeps the skin healthy and prevents premature wrinkles.
- Moreover, it maintains the body temperature.
2. Green Salad
Green salad is, however, the best low-calorie food for weight loss. In other words, it is best to include it in your everyday diet.
|100 g||11 kcal|
- Green salads significantly have Vitamin K which is essential for preventing blood clotting and helps build strong bones.
- Also, it helps your brain keep healthy and prevents loss of memory.
- Green salads, moreover, have antioxidants that help prevent chronic diseases.
- Moreover, green salad being rich in fiber reduces bad cholesterol.
3. Chicken Broth
Chicken broth is the perfect soup for winter and has several health benefits also.
|100 g||5 kcal|
- The broth is very low in calories and so is the best option to consume if you want to lose weight.
- Moreover, it is highly nutritious and contains several essential nutrients, vitamins, calcium, and other minerals.
- Also, the broth is good for joint pain and prevents osteoporosis.
- Above all, it gives strong and healthy bones, muscles, and blood cells.
Vegetables are also the key to weight loss. In fact, nothing can beat adding low-calorie vegetables to your diet.
|100 g||22 kcal|
- Vegetables are, however, an excellent source of fiber and low in calories, making them the best option to eat for weight loss.
- Also, they are rich in antioxidants thus, fights inflammation in the body.
- Moreover, vegetables help improve your gut health.
- Above all benefits, they improve blood pressure, vision, and skin and reduce the risk of heart diseases.
Spinach in India is very popular by the name of palak and palak paneer on the contrary, is one f the most popular dishes.
|100 g||22 kcal|
- Spinach, however, helps curb appetite aiding in weight loss.
- It also boosts hydration keeping you active and energetic the whole day.
- Moreover, it strengthens the immune system and improves vision, keeping your eyes healthy.
- Spinach is also, very beneficial for pregnant women as it assists baby development.
6. Cooked Beans
Beans are the best low calorie Indian food for weight loss. You can, therefore, cook them in various forms.
|100 g||187 kcal|
- Beans are, however, rich in protein and fiber which makes you feel full for a longer period leading to weight loss.
- Also, these are good for heart health and keep diabetes in control.
- Moreover, being rich in folate, they help in the formation of red blood cells in the body.
- Beans are also, a good source of iron and magnesium.
Name any berry, and each berry despite its taste, has health benefits to offer apart from the taste.
|100 g||57 kcal|
- Berries particularly, contain anthocyanins that help keep you mentally sharp.
- Also, they are not high in sugar, so are a good option to consume and keep your diabetes in control.
- Moreover, it prevents various heart diseases and reduces inflammation.
- However, berries are best for reducing wrinkles and signs of skin aging.
Although a meal without a salad and a salad without cucumber are always incomplete. Overall a cucumber is one of the best low calorie vegetables to eat.
|100 g||12-15 kcal|
- Cucumbers are, however, low in calories and high in water content, amazing them a perfect choice for weight loss.
- Also, they are rich in antioxidants like flavonoids that fight free radicals in the body and chronic diseases.
- Moreover, cucumbers are made of 96% of water which keeps you hydrated.
- Cucumbers are also known for making your skin glow and be healthy.
Eggs are, however, high protein low-calorie foods and the best choice to add to your diet.
|100 g||155 kcal|
- Eating eggs benefit by raising the levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), also known as good cholesterol.
- Being a good source of lutein and zeaxanthin, eggs also benefit the eyes.
- Moreover, they are rich in protein that helps manage weight and keeps the muscles healthy.
- Also, eggs are a good source of healthy eyes.
Celery or the stalk of celery is, however, a very low-calorie snack.
|100 g||16 kcal|
- Celery is rich in antioxidants that further reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
- However, this vegetable contains phytochemicals that also help lower blood pressure levels.
- Also, being rich in antioxidants, it has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties.
- Moreover, celery improves sperm count and improves fertility.
Grapes from a youngster to elder ones are favorite of all. Moreover, it has taste and health benefits also.
|100 g||67 kcal|
- Above all, grapes are a good source of vitamin C which helps keep the immune system healthy.
- Also, they are rich in antioxidants and low in calories, making them the best choice for people on a weight loss journey.
- Moreover, they are low in sodium, which further reduces blood pressure.
- Despite, being sweet, grapes help control diabetes and lower blood pressure.
Yogurt with lunch adds the taste but when served as raita it adds flavor too. Also, it is good for weight loss.
|100 g||59 kcal|
- Yogurt improves the digestive system by killing the gut bacteria and also, keeps bowel movements regular.
- Also, it prevents gastrointestinal infections, colds, flu, and certain cancers.
- Moreover, it is a good source of calcium which helps keep the bones healthy.
- Yogurt however reduces inflammation which is further, linked to autoimmune diseases.
13. Cooked Quinoa
Despite its flavor quinoa has a lot to offer to you and is also, a rich source of plant protein.
|100 g||120 kcal|
- However, Quinoa is rich in fiber, aiding in weight loss.
- Also, it lowers the risk of chronic diseases and balances sugar levels.
- Moreover, being rich in fiber, it treats constipation and reduces the risk of intestinal cancers.
- Quinoa is significantly low in GI, which is also, good for your overall health.
A perfect snack while watching a beautiful film.
|100 g||490 kcal|
- Popcorn is high in fiber, so is the best choice for people who want to lose weight.
- Also, popcorn is a food rich in antioxidants that helps in metabolism.
- Moreover, it helps control blood sugar levels and reduces the craving for food.
- Furthermore, eating popcorn without adding too much butter, also helps lower the risk of high blood pressure.
However, breakfast with oats is all you need to let your day go healthy.
|100 g||374 kcal|
- Oats are rich in carbs and fiber which further helps in weight loss.
- Also, they are rich in antioxidants which reduce blood pressure.
- Oats moreover, lower the risk of heart disease by reducing both total and LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- However, feeding oats to younger children prevents the problem of asthma.
16. Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are, however, the best seeds to consume if you want to lose weight.
|100 g||486 kcal|
- Chia seeds are, however, high in fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and other essential micronutrients.
- Also, they are high in protein and fiber, which helps in weight loss.
- However, chia seeds reduce the risk of heart disease as they contain fiber and ALA.
- Moreover, these seeds are high in calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus they also protect bone health.
A fish is, however, best relished in winter and has many health benefits to offer you.
|100 g||206 kcal|
- Fish is an excellent source of protein, zinc, calcium, magnesium, and also other minerals that your body requires.
- Also, it is rich in Vitamin A that helps the eyes keep healthy, and improves vision.
- Moreover, it is rich in vitamin D which is good for bone health and growth.
- Fish is significantly rich in omega-3 which combats depression.
Do potatoes make you fat? No, they don’t but are a good choice to eat to lose weight.
|100 g||104 kcal|
- Potatoes are packed with several nutrients and minerals essential for the body, especially for weight loss.
- Also, being a good source of antioxidants they reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- However, they contain resistant starch that keeps the blood sugar in control.
- Moreover, they also contain resistant starch that benefits the gut bacteria in the body.
In summer all you need is, however, watermelon or its juice to make your day a happy day.
|100 g||30 kcal|
- Watermelon is, however, high in water content that makes you feel full for a long time leading to weight loss.
- Also, it keeps your body hydrated for the whole day, supporting your overall health.
- Moreover, watermelon has plant compounds that help prevent certain types of cancer.
- Watermelon is also, helpful in muscle soreness.
20. Cottage Cheese
Cottage cheese is also known as whey and is a curdled milk product.
|100 g||98 kcal|
- Cottage cheese is, however, a good source of calcium that keeps the teeth and bones stronger and healthy.
- Also, as it is low in calories, it is a good choice to add to the diet for weight loss.
- Cottage cheese also prevents osteoporosis.
- Moreover, cottage cheese also has vitamin B12 which is essential for the body.
Stuck In Weight Despite Eating Low Calorie Food?
So, is this happening with you, or has ever happened with you, that despite eating low-calorie food your weight loss is stuck? However, there might be some mistakes that you must be making. So, watch this video by Dietitian Mac and know why is it so.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can You Lose Weight Only By Eating Low Calorie Food?
Well, yes, you can lose weight by eating food that is fewer calories. But for more effective results it is important to also do some physical activities in a day to burn more calories.
Q. Is It Possible To Survive On Zero Low Calorie Food?
Eating foods less in calories during weight loss is good and a part of a perfect diet plan. But also, not providing your body with a sufficient amount of calories can be harmful. So, make sure your diet is under a good dietitian who can guide you to the best.
Q. Which Low Calorie Food Is Best To Eat Before Going To Bed?
During the weight loss journey, time also plays an important role. You should know what to eat and when to eat. However, at night the best low-calorie food to consume are eggs, oatmeal, or berries which are also, easy to digest.
Q. Which Low Calorie Food Satisfies Hunger Best?
Some foods are low in calories, but high in fiber and protein which can completely make you feel full. For example, eggs, beans, or watermelon are among these foods.
Q. Can You Feel Full Without Eating Low Calorie Food?
Well, foods that are high in fiber make you feel full for a longer period, further, aiding in weight loss. Also, they provide volume and take a little longer to digest.
Q. Which Is The Best Breakfast That Comes Under Low Calorie Food?
However, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So, to start your day, you can, therefore, eat oats with milk and berries as it is filling, tasty, have fewer calories, and is also, perfect for weight loss.
Q. Can You Eat Maggi Under Low Calorie Food To Lose Weight?
However, Maggi is difficult to say no to. So, Fitelo has an amazing recipe for you Maggi with a twist which is oats Maggi. It is yummy, has health benefits, and is the best recipe to satisfy your cravings during your weight loss journey.
Fitelo brings you a restaurant-like taste with the recipe for chicken curry which is delicious and has several health benefits also, to offer. So, try this recipe out and satisfy the hunger of your family members for a mouth-watering dinner.
The above-mentioned are, however, the best low-calorie food and are, however, recommended by expert dietitians, and are easy to add to your diet. Moreover, you can visit the official website of Fitelo and watch the healthy recipes, and know the ways you can add the above fruits and vegetables to your diet. In conclusion, people on their weight loss journey can, therefore, make use of these foods to lose weight and can rely on the information provided. So, start your journey from fat to fit now.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.